NEWS

Ammo in Neo-Tokyo

• 3 Replies

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <02-26-19/1221:15> »
I was wondering about availability of ammo in Neo-Tokyo and didn't see the topic in the FAQ. If firearms are all forbidden, does ammo become F rated too? Does the type of firearm change the availability? For example regular ammo is 2R, does that go to 2F? Does regular ammo for a heavy machine gun go to 10 (+8 availability for heavy weapons) or does it stay at 2?
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-26-19/1239:06> »
Last time I looked at the FAQ, nothing has been said about changing ammo availability or making it forbidden.  Those characters who I’ve seen with guns still use APDS or other hard to acquire ammo frequently in adventures.

Personally, I’ve become a fan of cyber guns with Hi-De ammo to avoid detection.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-26-19/1249:35> »
I was wondering about availability of ammo in Neo-Tokyo and didn't see the topic in the FAQ. If firearms are all forbidden, does ammo become F rated too? Does the type of firearm change the availability? For example regular ammo is 2R, does that go to 2F? Does regular ammo for a heavy machine gun go to 10 (+8 availability for heavy weapons) or does it stay at 2?

I asked that same question, and the answer was essentially that no it wouldn't see a code change.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-26-19/1255:03> »
OK, thanks, I did a keyword search on ammo, didn't think to look under bullet.
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team