NEWS

Alamos 20K

• 72 Replies

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« on: <04-11-11/2259:39> »
So what info is there on A2K after Threats and Loose Alliances? Nothing really has turned up on them in SR4, so are they toasted for the time being or are they on the up swing?
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <04-11-11/2301:56> »
No big clue, but there's probably a bunch of groups around claiming their name...  If there's a true one still...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Abstruse

« Reply #2 on: <04-12-11/0022:47> »
Some 4e book states that policlubs are out of fashion in the 2070s.  I think it might've been Attitude, but it could've been Emergence (got a paper copy of the latter on clearance a few days after I got the PDF of the former, so the two are blurring a little in fluff and small details).  I can't remember for sure.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <04-12-11/0023:55> »
Out of fashion, but still around.  Trust me, stuff like this never goes out of style.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #4 on: <04-12-11/0211:10> »
Iirc, there were a few crackdowns on them in the past. One being after the Chicago incident and the lastest during the aftemath of the NR coup. It was implied one of the leaders of the NR was also the leader of A20k so they got smacked down and are most likely laying low if they survived.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #5 on: <04-14-11/2055:28> »
Well that leaves possibly three to four leaders left. The one was killed in a car wreck, but had an apprentice. Another was presumed dead. Leaving three more un accounted for.

Hate never goes out of season, it just goes to seed for a while.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <04-14-11/2255:20> »
Or gets a nice new suit and runs for President.  And then Governor.  Then gets elected because the two representatives he was against couldn't run because one went senile and the other was outted as a Technomancer.

'Course, he's Humanis, not...  Well, there's no proof he isn't A20K, as well...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #7 on: <04-14-11/2257:34> »
Before anyone thinks they're gone for good, just look at real-life fringe groups.  The KKK has been widely reviled by the media and general populace for generations, and has been the target of multiple government sweeps and crackdowns (the first of them for tax reasons, of all things) -- but they're still around.  Hate groups in Shadowrun's future shouhld be much the same.  Resilient, like cockroaches.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <04-14-11/2342:45> »
Before anyone thinks they're gone for good, just look at real-life fringe groups.  The KKK has been widely reviled by the media and general populace for generations, and has been the target of multiple government sweeps and crackdowns (the first of them for tax reasons, of all things) -- but they're still around.  Hate groups in Shadowrun's future shouhld be much the same.  Resilient, like cockroaches.
You just had to mention the bugs, didn't you? :P

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <04-15-11/0029:24> »
Oh, did I?  I hadn't noticed.

;)

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-15-11/0145:20> »
You guys make me smile....like a wine-drunk late night reading of forgotten lore kind of smile.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #11 on: <04-15-11/0156:47> »
It's just fun to play "spot the veteran SR player" by gauging how much they shudder, shiver, or flinch whenever you mention any sort of insect, that's all.   ;D

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <04-15-11/0316:38> »
It's just fun to play "spot the veteran SR player" by gauging how much they shudder, shiver, or flinch whenever you mention any sort of insect, that's all.   ;D

Frag, I have a bottle of "Bug City" sitting on my refrigerator that a fellow gamer got me back in '98 after the pain and suffering I imposed upon him and his fellow players.

I scream "Insect Shaman" every time I see a bee-bearded man.

Not to mention anything anywhere that even remotely mentions Scientology makes me think Universal Brotherhood (the parallels between Scientology's history and the history of the UB as outlined in The Universal Brotherhood (7205) are so close that, having read the UB book before knowing anything about Scientology and then seeing a Scientology documentary in '99 that I freaked out for several hours before I realized that probably, most likely, Scientology happened first, hehe, even then...I keep looking for bug symbols in Scientology scripts)
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

flatlyne2001

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-15-11/1028:46> »

Not even funny.  I started playing Sr when I lived in Chicago and we played based in town.  Fun to read books and info and know exactly where/what they are talking about and then at some point drive through that area and just shutter/laugh.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <04-15-11/1254:16> »
Hmm... I think we should play a game at GenCon this year. Call it "Spot the Shadowrunner". Just walk up to total strangers, say "Insect Spirits" and see how they react. ;D