NEWS

(SR5) Clothing and Disguises...

• 2 Replies

Nomad Of Endings

• Newb
« on: <07-22-20/1353:33> »
I know this is a long shot, but I couldn't find anything (Other then Illusion Magic) that can work with changing clothes on the fly. Like there's plenty of Augmentations and Nanopaste Disguises to change your identity rather quickly.... But I couldn't find any shape or texture changing clothing to go along with it (which would create the issue of having to carry a large wardrobe around to go from identity to identity.

I'd also gladly accept any suggestions on how to maybe work around not having access to Illusion Spells or shape shifting clothing, to infiltrate an area that would require you to change your identity at least 3 to 4 times in a very short time span.  8)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <07-22-20/1438:03> »
Fashion is a Manipulation spell that lets you change the actual outfit, so it's not a mere Illusion. AR Fashion can be useful, Ruthenium Polymer Coating can also change colours, which makes it harder to spot you.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-20/1510:14> »
There's plenty of cyberware that lets you alter your physical appearance.

Specifically for clothes.. there's the electrochromatic mod that lets you change colors at least.

Stuff like turning your jacket inside out for a quick appearance change would fall under the aegis of the Disguise skill.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.