NEWS

Whats your favorite Corp for your Johnson, whats your favaorite corp as a target

• 13 Replies

Seras

• Chummer
« on: <04-06-19/2053:08> »
See above ;)

Which corp do you preferre the most as backround for your Johnsons and why ?

Which corp is your preferred Target for runners and why ?

Cheers Seras
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-06-19/2056:47> »
I have a heavy leaning toward Wuxing as my preferred Johnsons, simply because my players got into smuggling/ transport runs.

My players have not develop a main atagonist yet, but it is mostly the Japanocorps, simply because there are three of them so they come up rather often....
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <04-07-19/0342:21> »
My Johnsons tend to be non-corporate. I guess technically my favourite Corp to Johnson would be Knight-Errant.

As for targets: Aztech because I hate them, MCT because players hate zero zones. In my main campaign I almost never had them run afoul of corps (instead there were Vory, Triad, Humanis, big threats against humanity, etc), but the one time they had to get into a facility, it was an MCT facility.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-12-19/1720:43> »
I like to offer jobs to the party without them knowing which corp is sponsoring their run. It heightens the stress of the situation. I will drop hints along the way like "If you fail this run, you might want to disappear for a while. This client doesn't handle bad news well" or such.

That being said, my favorite employer is historically Ares. The group seems to feel they'll not get double crossed by them as much with all the contacts they have within.

My favorite villain group until recently is definitely the Azzies. Blood Magic is bad, hmkay?

Recently, though, I created a new corp that has a heavy "Old Gods" vibe. They've become the new hateness.
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-04-19/2023:42> »
I haven't done much GMing, but it's always fun for Mr. Johnson to pretend to have a different affiliation. Especially handy for someone from Horizon, in case they can outsource Runners Seeking Vengeance to another megacorp. Ares or S-K is handy for "Instead of nuyen, I'll pay each of you with new guns and equipment," and I like bringing in Karma-rich runs from Concerned Citizens who probably aren't harbouring a terrible secret.
As for targets, I would like to schedule runs against stuff like Aztechnology or Humanis, but I have been kicking around an idea for one crime syndicate hiring runners to attack a different one, while implicating a third. I'd probably need a long-term group for that. One that'd find a mob war exciting.
I did run a seat-of-my-pants one-shot where the runners were paid to extract someone who was secretly a monad, and got caught up in an all-out, spells-and-bullets-everywhere exchange between some shedim and bug shamans who'd unintentionally scheduled their evil demonstrations for the same time and place. It was all very tongue-in-cheek.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-06-19/1032:22> »
For employers, I like to use AA corps rather than AAAs. Telestrian is a personal favorite. So was Spinrad, until they broke into the Big Ten. Aegis Cognito, Maersk, Monobe ... see the "Rising Powers" chapter from SR4 Corporate Guide; I still get a lot of mileage from that.

The Big Ten make more attractive targets. I'm partial to Wuxing, Renraku, and Horizon.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-06-19/1044:53> »
I haven't had a favorite since the time my favorite was Fuchi.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #7 on: <05-07-19/0240:29> »
I honestly cannot remember using any of the Big Ten as main targets. Usually it might be just an A or unknown AA rated company that gets burglared or a site that’s abused.
Most of my run arches is about stopping a person or tiny group of individuals from doing something “bad”
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <05-07-19/1115:10> »
I love to use Horizon as the Johnson.  Nothing is more scary than working for the social corp in a hyperconnected society.  Play them as metagaming, based on PC interactions.  Make the players paranoid while setting up Horizon as the most helpful and friendly.

For example, if the street sam has been trying to find a black clinic to upgrade their 'ware, have the Johnson offer to get them into a clinic if they do "a few jobs" for them.  If they need to get close to a target for another Johnson, have the Horizon Johnson call them out of the blue about a little job that happens to help their effort.

The more metagame it appears, the better.  Make the players question how much time they spend connected and if they need to go off the grid altogether.  If they do, have that impact Horizon's ability to offer key details.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #9 on: <05-07-19/2303:52> »

That being said, my favorite employer is historically Ares.

My favorite villain group until recently is definitely the Azzies.

^^  THIS

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-08-19/0043:23> »
It would depend on the player group, but my mains are Renraku, Horizon, and Incog Nito (sp?).
I love rewarding good work with access to intel and software verses guns and cyber.

Favorite target HAS to go to the Azzies.
Dealing with extraplanar characters have not been good for the world.

ORTEGA76

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <05-09-19/1522:10> »
Favorite target? Currently MCT due to their anti-meta leanings. We run in San Francisco and Saito's occupation is still felt.

Favorite employer? Ares. The team takes their pay in goods which makes for some nice upgrades.

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <08-25-19/2157:25> »
Since I like to challenge my players moral compasses, I go with Aztlan as an employer, and Ares as a target. Subvert their expectations of "good vs evil".

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-30-19/0137:31> »
My Johnsons often work for smaller corps....but have ties to a AAA.  ;)
Renraku, Ares are my go to - but usually behind the scenes.

Always fun to go against Aztechnology - they have long memories and big guns.