NEWS

Recommend modules

• 22 Replies

Archivist

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <10-08-10/0849:58> »
The only way you'll get a feel for how much opposition is too much is to see how your PCs react in a live-fire situation.

Well, in their first shootout with gangers, the troll bounty hunter learned not to stand in the open :)  The joy of blowing a hole through someone with his shotgun turned to "I'm down!" when two others turned their pistols on him...

About how long would you say Ghost Cartels takes to run?  We try to meet weekly but more like 2-3 times per month between everyones work and family commitments.

I'll download the Missions this weekend.  That they provide scaling sounds exactly like what I need until I get a better handle on all of this.  And skimming the various runs that users here posted in another thread!

Archivist

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <10-08-10/0912:52> »
I also meant to ask...

Did your group have any favorite scenes/runs from Emergence?  I'm going to cherry pick a few parts of it to include for our technomancer.

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
  • www.hazmatthemonstar.com
« Reply #17 on: <10-08-10/1921:34> »
I am currently considering taking all of the SR Missions 1 and converting them to 2069 or '70. I came along in the middle of missions 3, and didn't want to jump right into manhatten. So i went back to SR missions 2 (because I wasn't around for 3rd edition, I haven't run ANY missions) and I didn't want to start in Denver either. So I'm starting with "Mission Briefing", and "Demolition Run", and "On The Run". Then I'm going to go to Ghost Cartels, or Emergence. ( Soooo much catching up to do....) Can't wait to hit missions 3, and Dawn of Artifacts....

So Archivist. Definitely consider Missions 1.

Anyone Disagree???

Archivist

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <10-11-10/0845:00> »
Aha!  I did not even realize Missions 1 series was on another part of the site.  I only saw the Denver series listed under Missions.  Thanks for the tip Hazmat.

Shanfara

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-13-10/1328:50> »
thank you Hazmat! I didn't see that either and am looking for some runs for Seattle.
The lack of obvious balance between mundanes and awakened casters enhances the game and encourages creativity and role playing.

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <10-14-10/1507:04> »
Yes. It's an Awesome way to start out new characters. It gives a very credible way to get into the shadows. We should all know that you don't just ask for a shadowrun. You need an in... So Mission briefing is great. You can skip that one. But... like i said. I am hoping to start a new campaign with players new to shadowrun. So I want to start in Seattle.

Shanfara

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <10-14-10/1555:18> »
I actually might use mission briefing and just change the context. Why NOT have experienced runners handle the guard duty? Maybe one of the big wig fixers in that scenario owes some other fixer (the players' contact of course).
The lack of obvious balance between mundanes and awakened casters enhances the game and encourages creativity and role playing.

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <10-14-10/1557:04> »
Very true Shanfara. I was thinking of adding some updated material. I gotta work on the node for the park, for example.