« Reply #495 on: <12-18-14/1802:48> »
3 3s make a 9 which is a super success right? :P
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #496 on: <12-18-14/1824:38> »
3 3s make a 9 which is a super success right? :P

That's actually a little known rule that was posted in the errata.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #497 on: <12-18-14/1844:18> »
Bonus dice for code cracking
Ohanzee: 1
Sam: 2
Chino: 2

Bonus hits from Teamwork: 1 hit, so 5 hits total. I'll post some of the conclusions ICly.

@Zweiblumen
A user does not have to be in VR to be a persona. If someone is using the Matrix (even for AR) then they have a persona. The persona overrides the device icon (commlink or cyberdeck) until the user jacks out / reboots.

Just to be a shifty GM, I never said the human had the rating 3 device. That said:

Resisting 7-hit hack-on-the-fly: 1 hit, didn't put up much of a fight that time. You now have a mark on the Renraku Sensei. And a bunch of free perception hits.

Resisting 5-hit Erase Mark: 4 hits. Now it's putting up a fight. But the mark on Doc's deck is still erased.

You find a Toyota Gopher slaved to the commlink.

Toyota Gopher resisting marks: 1 hit, 1 hit, 1 hit. That was pretty pathetic. 3 quick marks on the Gopher.

Toyota Gopher resisting 5-hit Control Device: 4 hits, really back and forth on the resist dice here. Doc succeeds in getting the truck to start autopiloting itself toward the town of Basalt, which is half an hour away. I presume Woody Creek, which is halfway between, is too small to qualify.

Overall the tactic is doable but how long you'll be able to monitor the truck is not certain. You'll reach the 15-minute threshold for your Overwatch Score between then, and rebooting to reset your overwatch score will lose the marks.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #498 on: <12-18-14/1852:51> »
IC up with a lot of monologue and hopefully accurate understandings of the pieces of the puzzle.

@Tecumseh - I think that Carbondale was the goal, but if there is something that makes that significantly more difficult than Basalt, then Basalt is fine.

Also, Mindlink gains no benefit from additional hits other than being able to include more people in the shared link. With that in mind, before I roll to cast Mindlink again looking for Ohanzee's old mind, should I be attempting to cast at a higher force? The IC seemed to indicate that it might help, but it might have just been fluff, so I want to be sure.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #499 on: <12-18-14/1918:35> »
Telling the truck to go to Carbondale or Boise or Seattle isn't a problem, but Zweiblumen said "next town" and that's Basalt.

@Zweiblumen, you can post your IC results however you see fit.

@Mal, the IC was mostly fluff. You're right that casting at a higher force doesn't have any benefit in this case as you don't need more people involved nor a larger target area. You can roll Perception to try to single out a "voice" but it will be -1 net (+3 for specifically listening but -2 for distracted and -2 for interfering noise).

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #500 on: <12-18-14/1930:36> »
Casting Mindnet, Extended (force 1, using centering) [Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wounds 1]: 12d6t5 3
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 7 - Holy Baby Jebus!
Listening for "my mind" [Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Specifically Listening 3 - Distracted 2 - Interfering Noise 2 - Sustaining 2 - Wounds 1]: 3d6t5 2
Very nice roll. I added an additional -2 for sustaining, leaving me with only 3 dice on the perception test, so 2 hits is pretty good. Let's hope it doesn't have a high threshold...

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #501 on: <12-18-14/1945:29> »
If Ohanzee were trying to listen to a conversation in the room I would ask for the -2 sustaining modifier, but since the listening is part of the spell you don't need to use it. Here are two extra dice: 1 hit, 3 hits total. IC incoming.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #502 on: <12-18-14/1953:30> »
I'm on phone and power out at house so a beefier IC post will have to be forthcoming.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #503 on: <12-18-14/2003:49> »

<<@Ohanzee, Team [Ace] Or we were sent to destroy "something" and realized that would be a bad idea once we laid eyes on it. I think that would sour things with the Johnson. >>

>>Or we came with the bomb already built. Maybe we were supposed to destroy it on site and once we laid eyes on it we realized that would be suicide, and that precipitated the call to the Johnson. But how could we have been surprised by the artifact if we knew enough about it in advance to build the bomb meant to destroy it?

Just clarifying - I know you are on a phone and I typed a BUNCH of stuff so no sweat missing it, but just wanted to let you know in case you want to change that IC.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #504 on: <12-18-14/2004:16> »
Sorry, I miss-typed and was being lazy about looking up the town Mal wanted me to send the car too.  The intent was to send it there.  Is that still okay?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #505 on: <12-18-14/2005:09> »
Sure, just put it in your IC write-up.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #506 on: <12-18-14/2010:29> »

<<@Ohanzee, Team [Ace] Or we were sent to destroy "something" and realized that would be a bad idea once we laid eyes on it. I think that would sour things with the Johnson. >>

>>Or we came with the bomb already built. Maybe we were supposed to destroy it on site and once we laid eyes on it we realized that would be suicide, and that precipitated the call to the Johnson. But how could we have been surprised by the artifact if we knew enough about it in advance to build the bomb meant to destroy it?

Just clarifying - I know you are on a phone and I typed a BUNCH of stuff so no sweat missing it, but just wanted to let you know in case you want to change that IC.

I did indeed miss at least part of that. What is IC knowledge about the bomb that Sam made, other than the fact that it was made for the obelisk?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #507 on: <12-18-14/2012:35> »
Don't strain yourselves too much to get things 100% right at this point, which you may not have the IC or OOC knowledge for yet. Poindexter will likely chime in and provide clarification on certain points.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #508 on: <12-18-14/2024:03> »
I'm wondering if the device was built to specs or was designed by Sam for the purpose of blowing up the obelisk. I think I remember a discussion before that said he designed it with input fr the awakened chars. A
If that's the case then it's far less likely that the team didn't know they were getting into as far as destroying. The obelisk, but if it's the former we very well may have decided against destroying it.

If Katsina and Ohanzee are not exaggerating the potential damage if destroying it, then we were either some stone cold evil motherfuckers before we lost our memories, or there is something truly powerful that's our target. Of course, the two are not mutually exclusive.

I'm going to delete my IC for now, and will try to post when the power comes back on.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #509 on: <12-18-14/2027:39> »
Not to ruin what might be a potentially interesting misunderstanding, but I don't remember where the "with input from the Awakened characters" concept came from ICly. I'm guessing Ohanzee or Sam but I don't recall where they got the notion from. I don't think it was me.