NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #150 on: <11-26-14/1731:44> »
Shouldnt anyone with soundlink or a DNI be able to hear as well?

Okay, we can go with that. I was thinking more about how the communication was being received (mostly as text, or an ARO) rather than how it was being delivered (subvocally) but it makes sense that you would color it how Sam delivers it.

Sneaking roll for Katsina: 3 hits

IC post going up shortly. You're all inside now. Let me know what you want to do.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #151 on: <11-27-14/0123:55> »
As Doc had seen, there's a snowmobile and an ATV, plus a good deal of gardening equipment and a tool set. All of the tools look brand new.
Gardening tools or mechanical tools?  Are they the kind of things Doc is familiar with?

What are the consequences I'm looking at for rebooting to clear my OC?  I know I'll loose my mark on the host, but that won't keep us from being able to use things in the house correct?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <11-27-14/0156:44> »
Both gardening tools and mechanical tools. They're not tools for Doc's Hardware or Biotech skills, so none of them would be of particular use to him. Chino would be able to make use of them with his Engineering skill group, and Sam could potentially use them for Demolitions.

If you reboot to clear your OC you will lose your marks but you will still be able to use things in the house manually. You can still turn the lights on and off, cook, and so on. The house will still be livable.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #153 on: <11-27-14/0300:43> »
Okay, I'm going to set the windows/shades and then reboot.  On coming back up I'll slave everyones gear again and then have everything run silently.
I'll post that IC shortly.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #154 on: <11-28-14/0031:35> »
Thanksgiving craziness should be dying down, so hopefully I'll have more time to post. It's rather late here though, so I'll wait until tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <11-28-14/0306:59> »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

To give thanks for the continuation of the game, and to celebrate the rarity of the beautiful 66666 roll a couple days ago, I am adding a specialization of questionable worth to everyone's character. These will be based on elements of the character's background or personality that you may or may not know about yet. Many of them will not be overly useful. Katsina, for example is getting the Carving specialization for her Artisan skill.

If you already know about the skill that's being specialized, I will PM you. If you haven't learned about the skill yet, I will save it until you do know.

Next person to roll something less probable than 1 in 7,770 triggers the next wave of dubious upgrades!
« Last Edit: <11-28-14/0320:15> by Tecumseh »

8-bit

« Reply #156 on: <11-28-14/1203:15> »
Next person to roll something less probable than 1 in 7,770 triggers the next wave of dubious upgrades!

Now I'm waiting for a 6 dice pool with 6 1's roll...

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #157 on: <11-28-14/1404:03> »
Behind her mask, Katsina weeps softly at her input being utterly ignored by Ace. I guess that's Charisma 3 catching up with her.

For the record, the best dice roll I've seen personally was 13 hits on 16 dice.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #158 on: <11-28-14/1415:21> »
Behind her mask, Katsina weeps softly at her input being utterly ignored by Ace. I guess that's Charisma 3 catching up with her.

For the record, the best dice roll I've seen personally was 13 hits on 16 dice.

Haha.  Updated IC.  Ace probably isn't really sure about Katsina's abilities, but he'll take a shot in the dark.

ETA: As far as checking to see if there's a panic room, or anything, I'm assuming that would be a Perception Test.  Could we make that a teamwork test once we get around to doing it?  Ace will also be interested in any weapons that might be around.  I'm assuming we're likely to come across a nice sporting rifle or shotgun, given the area.
« Last Edit: <11-28-14/1423:05> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #159 on: <11-28-14/1923:26> »
Katsina reports that she's been through the house on the astral and didn't find any hidden rooms. Looking about, the construction of the house suggests that it is pre-Treaty of Denver. As such, it seems unlikely that it will have a panic room. One could have been added on at some point, but Katsina didn't find it.

I won't make you roll Perception to find the rifle because it's not hidden. There's a Pioneer 60 on the wall in the office. You also find 1 box (20 rounds) of each of the following for the rifle: regular rounds, flechette rounds, and hollow points.

Sam, with his Firearms knowledge skill (rolled offline: 1 hit), is familiar with the weapon. It's manufactured in the CAS; Pioneer refuses to sell it in the NAN. Owning it could even be considered a political statement, especially around these parts. Mr. Moran likely picked it up in the CAS or UCAS sections of Denver and then smuggled it across the border into the PCC.

A teamwork Perception test sounds good. Katsina will be the leader since she has the highest dicepool.

Katinsa: 2 hits, so much for the highest dicepool

Teamwork tests added 11 extra dice to reroll. Results: 2 hits.

4 hits total. You guys must be tired. Still, it's enough to find a safe in the wall in the master bedroom. It looks like it's been there since the house was built. It predates maglocks so it has an old-fashioned tumbler lock.

Ace, when he finds the safe, remembers that he has Locksmith 4.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #160 on: <11-28-14/1954:30> »
I'm still here and still reading. Sorry I don't post super often. I'm just having a lot of trouble getting into this characters head. It's really tough for me to figure out how this dude would realistically react to things now that he's not in fight or flight mode. Lucky for me, the dude is borged to beJEEZUS, so i can get away with a bit of cold, emotionless silence and brooding, but that's only gonna last for so long. I feel like sooner or later, I'm gonna need to take a more active roll in things. But then, on the other hand, with such a large cast of characters, maybe its best if one or two of us kinda play the rear and let the others shine, y'know?

thoughts?

Demo roll for the rover: Burn out the Rover: 8d6t5 1 not great, but at least i didnt blow myself up.

Also, I've got a lot of equipment i cant seem to find in the 5th ed book, specifically, all the different types of detonators sam has in his bag. Anyone know where i can look for all that stuff?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #161 on: <11-28-14/2056:11> »
The Pioneer 60 is a sniper rifle, right?  Hollow points seem like an odd choice, and you need a shotgun to fire flechettes.  Unless this is a mix up, methinks there be another firearm, or two, in the house.  Either way is good for me; with some pillows as suppressors, we can make it look like the teenagers had some target practice with Mr. Moran's expensive collection of antique vases from the Qing dynasty -- surely no group of shadowrunners would be that stupid.

@Tecumseh, if you don't mind, I'd like to roll to unlock the safe, and I'll RP it once I know the outcome and contents, should I be so lucky.

First Attempt: Lockpicking attempt on wall safe No. 1: 13d6t5 3
Second Attempt: Lockpicking attempt on wall safe No. 2: 12d6t5 5

I imagine that does it, but if not, let me know.
« Last Edit: <11-28-14/2116:12> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #162 on: <11-28-14/2204:42> »
The Pioneer 60 is a sniper rifle, right?  Hollow points seem like an odd choice, and you need a shotgun to fire flechettes.  Unless this is a mix up, methinks there be another firearm, or two, in the house.  Either way is good for me; with some pillows as suppressors, we can make it look like the teenagers had some target practice with Mr. Moran's expensive collection of antique vases from the Qing dynasty -- surely no group of shadowrunners would be that stupid.

Hollow Points are doubly suspicious due to being Forbidden Availability. Anything can fire Flechettes, shotguns just use different rules and choke settings.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #163 on: <11-28-14/2240:18> »
Anything can fire Flechettes, shotguns just use different rules and choke settings.

I didn't know that.  Always thought of flechettes only as shotgun rounds.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: <11-28-14/2251:31> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #164 on: <11-28-14/2243:24> »
I kinda feel like just dumping one of those gas cans in there and tossing a small flaming object in the door before we roll if off a cliff.
I feel silly wasting blasting caps and whatnot on a job a 12 year old could do with household things, y'know?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english