NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #105 on: <11-24-14/1847:14> »
I'd like to know a little more about the neighbors - maybe scan the footage on the door cameras to see how nosey they are when the corper isn't home. But I think we can start heading that way and make the final decision on the way. If Sam or Chino needs to carry him so that he can stay in VR, that's an option.

Casting Improved Invis on the crate before levitating it. I lose two dice off of the levitate roll, but that has no impact.
Improved Invisibility [Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wounds 2]: 11d6t5 6
Resist:

Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 7
Holy cow I'm on fire today!
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <11-24-14/1916:16> »
Yeah, don't feel like trying orokos on the phone. If you could hit my rolls, I'd appreciate it.

Plans:
Cameras, set to replay the last 24 hours.  What they saw yesterday, they'll see tomorrow.
Motions, spoof them to report nothing. ie function, but send alerts to /dev/null. Don't have the lights turn on.
Unlock the mag locks.
Turn on the heat, but have the system report the colder temp.
Check one more time for alarm systems.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #107 on: <11-24-14/2122:15> »
IC up. -4 from sustaining and -2 from wounds. -6 to all rolls except damage resist - I am gonna wreck stuff (unintentionally)! :p

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #108 on: <11-24-14/2336:10> »
Makes me want to take Anime as an interest knowledge just to comment on the Big O reference.

Considering the trouble I'm having with wounds, I've determined my Negative Quality is Insomnia. It's Insomnia, isn't it?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <11-24-14/2342:06> »
I'm just now leaving work. I'll try to do the hacking rolling later tonight once I'm home.

@Zweiblumen: While he's busy hacking the security of the van and the house, memories flood back into Doc's mind about normal security protocols. Doc remembers that he has the knowledge skill Matrix Security 4.

@Malevolence: Ohanzee does not have the Insomnia negative quality.

@Malevolence, part II: Please remember to include the force of your spells with your posts. Including the drain value being soaked helps too, since I don't have the drain codes memorized yet.

@Everyone: Before it becomes an issue, let's talk about OOC knowledge in regards to dice rolling. For example, due to sustaining modifiers we need to drop dice from one of Ohanzee's casting rolls - Levitate (where the last two dice were misses) or Invisibility (where the last two dice were hits, and where losing two dice would swing the roll excitingly close to a glitch). I'm not worried about it in this situation because Levitate is an easy spell to recast and soak, and I admit to my own oversight in not telling Malevolence earlier that Ohanzee had Improved Invisibility. But, in the future, let's consider the chronological sequence in which the dice were rolled to also be the IC sequence in which things happen, unless there are mitigating circumstances (like there are here).

This is more about dice rolls arriving in separate posts; I'm not going to be checking timestamps on dice rolls that you post at the same time. There's a certain honor code that comes with PbP, since players can cherry-pick their outcomes to a certain degree by seeing the dice result and then modifying their stated actions accordingly. (For example, selecting an attack roll with a ton of hits to be directed toward a stronger enemy rather than a weaker one who only needs a box or two of damage to finish off, or vice versa.) I am not concerned with this and I'll let the players roll and post as their consciences allow. There's no need to include elaborate action descriptions with your dice rolls on Orokos or Invisible Castle; the dice pool modifiers are good enough for me. The only cardinal sin, of course, is rolling multiple times and selecting the best result. Guilty parties will be dealt with amusingly. (Hint: it rhymes with "political ditch".)

I almost always drop dice off the backend of a roll for the sake of convenience, but I reserve the right to roll the pool difference to determine which dice should be dropped: the hits or misses. (For example, a player rolls 10 but only should have rolled 8. I might then roll 2 dice and then subtract the resulting hits or misses from the original result.)

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #110 on: <11-24-14/2357:19> »
I'm just now leaving work. I'll try to do the hacking rolling later tonight once I'm home.

@Zweiblumen: While he's busy hacking the security of the van and the house, memories flood back into Doc's mind about normal security protocols. Doc remembers that he has the knowledge skill Matrix Security 4.

I'm guessing that's either Profession or Acedemic, but not sure.  Lemme know and I'll update my char sheet (would I know?).
Also, I'm back at a computer again and can roll...just not sure how many rolls from which skills what I asked for would require :P

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #111 on: <11-25-14/0034:11> »
Sorry about that - I didn't expect to have the option of Invisibility. The order is simply more advantageous - for Imp Invis, the more hits the merrier, so it gets cast first with less of a penalty. For Levitate, anything over 2 hits is wasted, so it gets to eat the additional dice penalty for sustaining.

I'll include force going forward. I tend to cast at Force 6 by default since I don't like risking the physical drain but do want as much power as possible. Even for Levitate, since Force 6 gets it moving at the same rate as the party (if not faster - I haven't done the math with your updated movement rules).

The drain targets for the two spells were 4 (F-2) for Levitate and 5 (F-1) for Imp. Invis. I resisted 5 for Levitate and 7 for Imp. Invis.

ETA: If you wish, we can switch the order of the rolls, in which case I still make my drain, Invis only gets 5 hits, and Levitate gets 6 - 2 (for the lost dice from sustain) = 4 hits. So the net change really is that I would have 5 hits on Invis instead of 6 and we use the rolls in the order they were rolled (though the Levitate roll becomes the Invis roll and the Invis roll becomes the Levitate roll).
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/0038:43> by Malevolence »

8-bit

« Reply #112 on: <11-25-14/0042:46> »
Sheesh...

I'm away for like a day, and it seems like a huge flurry of activity. I'll try and get an IC post up tonight. Will edit this post or post again if I have any OOC stuff I decide to do, after I get caught up.

By the way, don't mean that in a bad way. I love how this is moving; it's actually refreshing to come home to a bunch of IC posts.

Edit: Well, seems like I won't be needing any rolls. I'll take Or'zet 3 though for Chino, as part of my free Language/Knowledge points.
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/0221:22> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <11-25-14/0249:24> »
@Zweiblumen: Matrix Security 4 is a Professional knowledge skill.

<<<@Blue Team [Doc] I second the trust but verify stance.  Also, I've got feeds on everyone and can keep an eye out that way.>>>

Just to be clear, I am under the impression that nobody from Red Team has handed over any feeds to Doc and/or slaved their commlinks to his deck. Rednblack, speak up if this is incorrect for Ace.

@Malevolence: F6 by default sounds good. I had forgotten that you said you wanted to cast it at that Force to get the higher movement rate. Again, no need to swap rolls or reroll. What I said wasn't a criticism; I'm just trying to be open and transparent before a situation arises in a stressful scenario (e.g. one involving wendigos and monowhips).

Because Doc is being carried by Sam, Chino - strangely - is the slowest. The house rules basically come down to Agility = meters per turn walking. (Running equals Agility * 2 meters per turn.) Chino is walking at 4 meters per turn (almost exactly 3 miles per hour.) As such, the crate can move faster than Chino.

@Poindexter: Let me know if you have a plan for the van. It is reasonably well concealed for the moment - tucked away in the dark behind some trees - but someone is liable to find it come daylight. The van is going to lose Concealment since the F6 spirit will be busy covering the movements of the six team members.

@Myself: Katsina is still sustaining Detect Enemies, Extended.
Intuition 6 + Perception 3 + Vision Enhancement 3 - 2 sustaining - 1 stun = 3 hits
Intuition 6 + Assensing 4 - 2 sustaining - 1 stun = 1 hit GLITCH

She will ask Ohanzee to check something out. (IC post coming.) She might ask Chino but, to my knowledge, he has not assensed ICly yet so his skill is not yet known. It's likely that Katsina sees the Qi tattoo around Chino's eyes and puts two-and-two together, but I won't make that leap just yet.

@Zweiblumen, again: Dice rolling. Let's go with four (4) Control Device actions, one each for the cameras, motion detectors, maglocks, and thermostat. It's possible that I should be making you roll each and every device separately, but 1) I don't want to count up the number of imaginary sensors in my head, and 2) that sounds like a horrific amount of dice rolling. Maybe that's what's necessary to preserve the suspense with your Overwatch Score, but that's too much bookkeeping for this target.

Doc is going to come across some Patrol IC, which he will recognize due to his Matrix Security knowledge skill. The IC will take the form of a Yorkshire Terrier and will sniff Doc's icon since you are not running silent. Finding a mark, it will consider him a legitimate user. That said, it will be on the lookout for illegal activity. Since you will be rolling Electronic Warfare + Intuition [Sleaze] for your Control Device tests - and because Sleaze is illegal -  it will be pouncing on your ankle if you slip up.

@Everyone: Great IC posts. I'm really pleased with how this is going, knock on wood.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #114 on: <11-25-14/0352:18> »
I'm not even going to roll for those perception checks. His perception dice pool is 1 and his Assensing pool is 2. He's likely to do more harm than good if he actually tries to take a look. The attempt in the IC post is just fluff - he realizes his eyes ain't workin' so well at the moment, tries to focus, fails, and decides he's more likely to see things that aren't there than he is to see things that are. Heh, I should have used that line in the IC.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <11-25-14/0812:48> »
Here we go:
4 control device rolls EW(6)+INT(4)+Qualia(1)+VR(2)-Wounds(1)=12: 4#12d6t5 4 6 2 4 (limit 7)

Hrm, that 3rd roll isn't so hot, gonna use a point of edge to reroll misses:
Edge to re-roll misses (10): 10d6t5 3
That gives me a 4 6 5 4 for my rolls.  With 8 dice to roll the Host hopefully won't bust me!

ETA: Crap, Qualia doesn't apply to EW (logic skill, just using INT for this test).  Minus 1 dice on those.  Don't think that changes my hits if we take them off the back.

ETA2: posted ICly, but didn't want to close that scene out incase I get busted (please don't catch me :P).  I'll update that post with my exit if I succeed.
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/0821:11> by Zweiblumen »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #116 on: <11-25-14/0835:57> »
Ace prefers to have his widgets slaved to someone with a higher matrix mojo than himself, so please slave away.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #117 on: <11-25-14/1125:06> »
Actually, Ohanzee will attempt the Assensing as it involves spirits he gets +2 for his specialization, bringing the dice pool to 4, so less chance of a glitch and a good chance for a hit.

Here we go (crosses fingers):
Assensing Spirits in the treetops [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 + Specialization (Spirits) 2 - Sustaining 4 - Wounds 2]: 4d6t5 2
Hot damn!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <11-25-14/1218:13> »
@Malevolence: Good roll, Mal. Yes, indeed, Ohanzee's familiarity with spirits is the difference. Katsina spotted your spirit but, due to the combination of sustaining penalties, wound modifiers, and astral glow, confused White Raven for a free spirit. You're not being followed or observed by any other spirits, nor anything else as best you can tell.

@Everyone: Certain elements of the current situation will be triggering hazy memories for some of you. I will PM you individually. You can share the memories ICly or keep them to yourselves as you see fit.

@Zweiblumen: Electronic Warfare is a strange skill which is ostensibly linked to Logic but which uses Intuition for several tests (Command Device, Hide, Snoop). It doesn't look like the extra die helps here, but in the future I will say that Qualia does apply to Electronic Warefare tests that are linked to Intuition.

Now for the moment of truth. Host rolls and produces: 1 hit, 3 hits, 3 hits, and 2 hits. Good thing you rerolled the 2-hit test. Baby Monitor reports that your Overwatch Score is now 15.

I will post ICly to get the team to the house.

8-bit

« Reply #119 on: <11-25-14/1237:47> »
@Malevolence

Quote from: Malevolence
>> @ Team
>> Okay Chino, it's your show. Send our ex-ride to its final destination.

Did you mean Doc? Chino would love to have something destructive to do, but he can't exactly control the car without being in it. Somehow, sending it off a cliff while still being in it seems like a bad idea ... but considering how we started this adventure, I'm not sure Chino is known for his ideas. Although he does seem to have a talent for wrecking cars. Anyway, I was under the impression that Doc was using the auto-pilot to drive it off the cliff.

@Assensing Idea

Chino only has a measly dice pool of 5 for Assensing, so he's not going to do much better than you guys.

Also, just as a side note. Chino the slowpoke  :)