NEWS

Wired Reflex/Synaptic Booster question

• 19 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <08-11-19/1459:32> »
The question is if the extra Minor actions are the ones from the extra initiative dice, or on top of those. So is it '5 dice so 6 Minors PLUS 4 from Wired 4' or 'the mentioned minors are the ones you get from the extra dice'.

Augmented Maximum applies to any source btw, not just ware.
Gotcha. I'm going with my gut and how it worked in my brain from the first time that I read it: that the mention of the Minor Actions is part of the extra Initiative Dice, not extra added to those.

Stormrider

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-11-19/1520:29> »
@Fastjack:
Yes, you are missing something:
"The basic Action allotment for each character is 1 Minor Action and 1 Major Action per combat round. Players get 1 additional Minor Action for every Initiative
Die they have."
That means 1 Standard Minor Action + 5 from Initiative Dies = 6 Maximum.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #17 on: <08-11-19/1951:15> »
I'm reading it that you can't have both installed, since that's from the gear description. So, if they both can't be installed, the best you can do is a +4D6 from Wired Reflexes, or a +3D6 from Synaptic Boosters. Likewise, Improved Reflexes (power) goes to a max of 4, granting +4D6 and cannot work with other boosts either. Increase Reflexes (spell) is the only thing that effectively goes beyond +4, and stack with cyber, since it's not an augmentation.

Those are the only four things that give you initiative dice, so the most minors you could get (without the spell) would be 5, or am I missing something?

Yeah, it's that both of those systems say in their text that they give "+1 initiative dice, and +1 minor action" but in the section of the book it says you get a bonus minor action for each d6 of initiative dice you have. Basically it could be read that they system gives you two minor actions per level, which I'm sure isn't intended and is just redundant text. I've noticed redundant text like that in another place or two.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #18 on: <08-11-19/2053:17> »
The enhancements shouldn’t give additional minor actions except for those from the dice for the statement about giving additional actions should be cut or rephrased.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <08-11-19/2059:16> »
The enhancements shouldn’t give additional minor actions except for those from the dice for the statement about giving additional actions should be cut or rephrased.

Yeah, pretty sure it's redundant text, should be rewritten along the lines you suggested! This is why I am buying PDF :-p