NEWS

Unwired Errata

• 6 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« on: <09-27-10/0731:43> »
Under Program Options, the Mute program option says that it delays alarms set off while using said program.  The only program which can set off an alarm is the Command Program when you use it to command an alarm system to go off, in which case, you probably wouldn't want to delay that.

The term they were looking for should have been Alert, not Alarm.

Secondly, the Shredder option gives you +2 dice on Crash Node/Program Tests with an Attack Program, but SR4a changed Crash Tests to use the Exploit program.  Meanwhile, the Crashguard option says that it raises the Threshold of the Crash Program action by an unnamed amount.  Seeing as how that's now an Opposed test, this option now has no working interpretation.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #1 on: <11-14-10/0006:05> »
The Skillsoft Cluster prices have to be re-tagged since the price changes in SR4A
re-tags in both tables

p. 128 and p. 203
DocWagon Paramedic44,800¥
Knight Errant Self-Defence48,000¥
Manadyne Archmage28,800¥
Mitsuhama Home Mechanic44,800¥
Whiskey Noir46,400¥
« Last Edit: <11-14-10/0011:05> by Ultra Violet »

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #2 on: <11-14-10/0810:21> »
UV, which printing of Unwired did you pull that data from? If not a print edition of Unwired, what document provided these numbers?

Or, are you just using the text from page 128?

Quote from:  Unwired, pg. 128, Skillsoft Clusters
Skillsoft clusters have a 20% package reduction.

No offense meant, I just like to actually know and see the source of this kind of info.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: <11-14-10/1845:11> »
There is no print up to now. It is my input for the next upcoming Errata.
The reason is the price changes in the SR4A - a book that was published after Unwired. So the Unwired prices are for the SR4 (only).
And my new calculations are based on the new prices and the 20% discount for skillsoft cluster.

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #4 on: <11-14-10/2238:07> »
And my new calculations are based on the new prices and the 20% discount for skillsoft cluster.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

ssjevot

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-01-11/1740:16> »
Page 151: Aidoru (アイドル) the Japanese word for idol is misspelled as Idoru (as a sample paragon).  This might be a reference to the Gibson novel with the same misspelling though.  A simple find and replace would take care of it (I saw it in the shadowtalk on at least one other page) unless it was intended to reference Gibson.
« Last Edit: <01-01-11/1743:01> by ssjevot »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #6 on: <05-12-11/0123:46> »
Non-standard wireless link could use some clarification.

For example, if it uses non-standard frequencies, could it only communicate with other devices similarly equipped?
If it can communicate with any regular device, then it's clearly better than a regular wireless link for any technological archetype.
Why?  Because a R6 nonstandard has the same price as a regular R6 antenna (3000¥) but a static availability (6R as opposed to 16.)
Also, since it's a plug-in radio, it's not limited by upgrading caps.  You could give your metalink or an RFID tag a 10km range.

Still on gear, the Response Enhancer only boosts Initiative, but doesn't help for cybercombat dodge.  The Shield CF does help with cybercombat dodge.  Once again, TMs are undisputed rulers of cyberspace.
« Last Edit: <05-12-11/0125:29> by Kontact »