NEWS

Looking for players/gamemaster in Belleville Ontario area

• 5 Replies

GLD

• Newb
« on: <08-06-18/2117:41> »
Hey guys, Shadowrun noob here. Loved the video games for years now and have wanted to get into the tabletop game for about as long.

I've been playing other RPGs for a long time and have gone over the Core Rulebook for SR5. I think it's fair to say the rules are pretty dense. I'd like to play with some folks who know what they're doing before I try running my own games.

I know this is a longshot because it's not a very big city, but I figured I'd put this out anyway. Thanks in advance!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <08-07-18/1110:27> »
Sorry that I'm not in Belleville (although I'd really wanted to get down to Empire Rockfest there this year) -- but I'm posting to say that there are a variety of on-line play options around that you could investigate, to get that experience of playing with someone who knows the system. 

Over on the shadowrun reddit they have notices about a community of play being set up, and I've seen other live/on-line set-ups mentioned here and there, and there are still some play-by-web-boards games happening sometimes (although I think those may be a dying breed)

GLD

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-07-18/1223:54> »
Thanks for responding, friend!

I've considered it, but I think that's a last resort for me. I really prefer playing in person, it's just a lot more fun in my experience. But if I can't find anyone in my area, I'll probably give it a try.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-08-18/1246:26> »
Another thing that is not the same as playing, but might be helpful, is that there are number of podcasts of play groups.  They might also help you get a feel for the SR RPG.

GLD

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-08-18/1326:26> »
Another thing that is not the same as playing, but might be helpful, is that there are number of podcasts of play groups.  They might also help you get a feel for the SR RPG.
Not a bad suggestion. Though I did find a guy through my local gameshop. If that doesn't pan out, I'll likely circle back to your suggestions.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-08-18/1420:09> »
hope it works out!