NEWS

[SR5] Jack of all trade master of nothing

• 1 Replies

Ghostdagger

• Newb
« on: <11-22-13/2016:53> »
This character is created to offset some of the weak side of the team, which contains a mystic adept, a rigger and 2 shooter samurai. So i wanted to cover the party from the matrix and lend some counterspelling ability and utility spells, because we dont have a full time mage. (Keep in mind please, this char is created from the basic rulebook, 2 point/power point)

A skills
B mystic adept
C attributes
D human
E resources

Attributes
Body 1
Agi 3
Rea 3
Str 1
Wil 4
Log 4
Int 4
Cha 4

Edg 2
Ess 5
Res 5

qualities:
Astral Chameleon   10
Blandness      8
Mentor Spirit (Raven)   5
Code of Honor      -15
Weak Immune Sys.   -10

spells:
Lightning Bolt
Mind Probe
Heal
Increase Reflexes
Physical Mask
Influence
Levitate

adept powers (including raven mentor):
Astral Perception      
Combat Sense      2
Mystic Armor      2
Spell Resistance   2
Traceless Walk      
Voice Manipulation   1

skills:
pistols - 5
gymnastic - 5
perception - 5
sneaking - 5
con - 4
impersonation - 1 (bought with karma)
negotiation - 3
arcana - 3
assensing - 1 (bought with karma)
summoning - 3
alchemy - 3
artificing - 3
counterspelling - 5
spellcasting - 5
cracking group - 5
electronics group - 5
forgery - 2
locksmith - 3
pilot groundcraft - 1 (bought with karma)

augmentation:
Datajack(alpha)

10 karma spent on nuyen

Don't have deck, but it's from the background, and not a problem. I think i can get one somewhere in the first story.
Any thoughts criticism is more than welcome

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #1 on: <11-23-13/0155:35> »
While not bad (though your Body of 1 will get you killed pretty quick I think), I would like to make a few recommendations. One, trying to add magic in is going to be hard. Magic is VERY karma intensive, especially a mystic adept. A mystic adept is good to be a Jack of the magic world, but it will leave you with very little karma to spend on other skills outside of complementary ones. In other areas, you won't be a Jack, you'll just kinda suck.

If you drop the magic, you'll be able to start off with much better base attributes (key for a good Jack), and then drop a fat credstick of nuyen on a top line set of skillwires. With that, you can augment your core skills (that you pay karma and build points for) with a rotating set of programs that will let you step in and accomplish any non-magical skill. You won't have the flexibility with them that someone who learned them the old fashion way does (no Edge), but you'll be able to cover any nitch by simply dialing up the appropriate skill chip (pilot program for a Nissan Hound anyone).  Also, don't forget that if you put your skills at priority A, you can get a skill of 2 or 3 in nearly every major skill in the game.