NEWS

Teach me about The Adversary.

• 39 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #30 on: <01-06-15/0057:43> »
... not sure what you're getting at.  Yes, Yggdrasil is a yew, and yes, you said he hung from a yew tree, and yes, I specified Yggdrasil.  None of which we've said contradicts each other.  I was specific; you, general.  I was actually meaning to clarify the number of days he hung, since you seemed vague in regards to it ...

No worries - I got a different vibe from what you'd said, and just wanted to share my reasoning for referring to Yggdrasil as a yew tree.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <01-06-15/0611:45> »
I had a personal delight seeing Hades portrayed properly in the latest Dresden Files book.

*sigh* Well, I suppose that now that you've spoiled it for me, I might as well visit tvtropes.

BTW, I've noticed that I can't [spoiler]spoiler block[/spoiler] anything. Why? Am I doing something wrong?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #32 on: <01-06-15/0840:25> »
Spoilers are non-functional right now.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

grid_tapper

« Reply #33 on: <01-06-15/1322:32> »
I'm told that Satan, Lucifer, The Devl, et al goes under the name "The Adversary" in Shadowrun. Can you take him as a Mentor Spirit? Is there anything published about dealing with him? I want to know all about this.

Some actual worshipers 'round here I'm willing to bet.... *sighs*

Watch out man.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <01-06-15/1336:35> »

Watch out man.

Watch out for what?  Jack Chick?

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <01-06-15/1351:17> »

Watch out man.

Watch out for what?  Jack Chick?
Who's that?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-06-15/1624:13> »
Jack Chick was a guy that published a bunch of anti-RPG (specifically anti-D&D) evangelical pamphlets.  As far as I know, his company (Chick Publishing) is still around.  Basically, he was one of the people who helped lead that whole "D&D is Satanic" movement.  He's a total asshole.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #37 on: <01-06-15/1755:14> »
*sigh* Well, I suppose that now that you've spoiled it for me, I might as well visit tvtropes.

BTW, I've noticed that I can't [spoiler]spoiler block[/spoiler] anything. Why? Am I doing something wrong?

Don't worry, that doesn't spoil any of the action or results.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #38 on: <01-07-15/1653:02> »
Oh man Jack Chick.  He didn't go after just D&D and roleplaying games.  He went after everything. He's the perfect example of what every religious person wants to avoid being compared to.  His stuff is hilariously bad.  You can find a lot of it on the internet, often being made fun of and criticized.  It's pretty embarrassing stuff.  Worth looking up if you want to have a nice sardonic laugh.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <01-08-15/1206:12> »
For the Death Gods like Hades/Pluto, Baron Ghede etc., there was also the "Dark King" Mentor Spirit in SR4, which sadly was not yet included in SR5. The Mentor Spirit provided Boni for Assensing and Spirits of Man, emphasizing the "Knowing the Names of Death" aspect. On the Downside, get -1 Die to resist Physical damage for beeing so close to the underworld.

Used it once for a crippled-then-augmented Ex-Military Mage with PTSD, who "found" his Mentor Spirit after the traumatic Death of his Squad. He also used his fallen friends´ Dogtags as a Summoning Fokus for Spirits of Man, and his Spirits would also look like them - a litttle bit like The Sorrow from MGS3. Pretty grimdark, but also pretty cool :P