NEWS

New game in starting up. looking for pointers.

• 16 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #15 on: <04-10-14/0319:07> »

I felt one of the mistakes I made when I first started GMing was that I had a Linear plot set in mind for players. I now try to keep things more open and not try to force them down the plot I have written up. I try to anticipate what they are going to do, so I'm not blindsided as much, but when I write up stuff now, I usually include a few options for the way things could possibly go.

Same with me, I try to do more open runs now and anticipate things, but even then I get blind sided all of the time. And since I'm OCD about having good maps for everything it causes me to almost have a panic attack when they are trying to hit a scene I'm not prepared for (I can do a real quick one but it isn't up to my standards).

So now I find myself with about 10 extra maps on Roll20 that I made just incase they try to do a scene I'm not planned for, I can match it to what works best.

But the key to ShadowRun GMing is flexibility i think.

mind postin your map archives somewhere i might use them in a pinch?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <04-10-14/1919:06> »

I felt one of the mistakes I made when I first started GMing was that I had a Linear plot set in mind for players. I now try to keep things more open and not try to force them down the plot I have written up. I try to anticipate what they are going to do, so I'm not blindsided as much, but when I write up stuff now, I usually include a few options for the way things could possibly go.

Same with me, I try to do more open runs now and anticipate things, but even then I get blind sided all of the time. And since I'm OCD about having good maps for everything it causes me to almost have a panic attack when they are trying to hit a scene I'm not prepared for (I can do a real quick one but it isn't up to my standards).

So now I find myself with about 10 extra maps on Roll20 that I made just incase they try to do a scene I'm not planned for, I can match it to what works best.

But the key to ShadowRun GMing is flexibility i think.

mind postin your map archives somewhere i might use them in a pinch?

I don't think Roll20 allows that (at least without the premium version), but even then I think it would only give my account access to the maps across my campaigns.

But I just end up putting together random maps together when I get bored at home.
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."