NEWS

[Errata] Shadowrun 5th Edition Core Rulebook

• 72 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #60 on: <10-10-17/2100:07> »

Priority Table Clarification (P. 65, Priority Table)
In the Magic or Resonance column for Technomancers, change the number and type of skills in each row as follows:

Priority A: Change from "two Rating 5 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 5 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
Priority B: Change from "two Rating 4 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 4 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
Priority C: Change from none to "three Rating 2 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
« Last Edit: <10-20-17/1516:40> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <10-10-17/2106:33> »

Skill Entry Correction (P. 133, Free-Fall skill)
Add "Rappelling" to list of Specializations.
« Last Edit: <10-20-17/1520:11> by Patrick Goodman »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <10-10-17/2138:24> »

Condition Monitor clarification (P. 52, Condition Monitors)
Add the following sentence to the end of the second paragraph:

"If either Condition Monitor is full, the character falls unconscious and may face other risks (Exceeding the Condition Monitor, page 170)."

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #63 on: <07-02-18/1317:02> »

Control Rig "free datajack" clarification, pg 452
Change the third sentence under Control Rig, thus making it:

Control rig: This implant harnesses the raw data-coordinating and synchronization power of the middle brain for the express purpose of directly manipulating rigged vehicles and drones (and other devices with rigger interface, like turrets). It has a built-in sim module, so you can use it for DNI with other devices. It also incorporates a fully functional datajack with universal data connector and about a meter of retractable cable. When you’re jumped into a vehicle or drone, the control rig provides its Rating as a dice pool bonus on all Vehicle skill tests. Additionally, the rating of your control rig is added to the Handling and Speed of any vehicle you are jumped into. As if that was not enough, your Vehicle Test thresholds are reduced by the rating of your control rig (to a minimum of 1), again when you’re jumped in.

This change does mean that the datajack's wireless bonus is available as well.
« Last Edit: <07-09-18/1407:08> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <07-02-18/1319:10> »

Fire Damage Example, page 172
Rewording for clarity and accuracy.

Wombat is having a bad day. He leaves the bar and runs afoul of a deranged Halloweener with a flamethrower! His reflexes are a little off due to the booze, and he gets a solid blast of flame. The gamemaster calls for a test to see if his lined coat catches fire. Wombat’s player rolls the lined coat’s Armor 9, adjusted for the flamethrower’s AP –6, versus the two net hits the Halloweener got on the attack test. He rolls three dice and gets only one hit, so the coat, and therefore Wombat, catches fire.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <07-02-18/1323:05> »

Improved Ability, page 309

Replace the entire description with this description that defines how many levels of this power can apply to a skill more clearly.

This power increases the Rating of a specific Combat, Physical, Social, Technical, or Vehicle skill by the level of the power. You need to know the skill before you learn this power for it, and the power cannot be taken for skill groups. The maximum number of levels for this power is half your Rating in the skill (rounded up).

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <07-02-18/1325:21> »

Psyche, page 412
Reduced sustaining penalty now clearly applies to technomancers as well as Awakened.

This designer stimulant is especially prized by magicians and technomancers alike. In addition to the effects noted above, Awakened and Emerged users reduce the penalty for sustaining spells or complex forms by one. Psyche users are simultaneously hyper-aware and detached, easily absorbed by detail and obsessive about certain facts or problems.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <07-02-18/1332:04> »

PANs and WANs, page 233
Include a line saying how Invite Mark does not also give marks on master devices.

There are risks to slaving devices. Because of the tight connections between the devices, if you get a mark on a slave you also get a mark on the master. This happens even if the slave was marked through a direct connection, so be careful about who you give your slaved devices to.  Marks obtained through the invite mark action do not travel upwards like marks obtained through illegal actions.  This doesn’t work both ways; if you fail a Sleaze action against a slaved device, only the device’s owner gets the mark on you, not the master too.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <07-02-18/1339:38> »

Drone Movement Rates, page 202

Change the paragraph under "Movement Rates" to:

Movement rates for vehicles and drones are similar to those for humans.  When in tactical combat, they move much slower than when in a chase, due to the increased focus on maneuverability and turning necessary in a gun (or sword) fight.  To find a vehicle or drone's tactical-scale movement rate, multiply its Speed attribute by 4 for Walking, and by 8 for Running.  When using the Sprint action (p 162), the drone instead rolls [Model] Maneuver autosoft + Pilot [Handling], or the appropriate Pilot skill + REA [Handling] if being controlled by a rigger.  Each hit increases the drone's movement by [Acceleration] meters for that turn.

Additionally, change the "Movement Rates Table" to read:

1 - 4 - 8
2 - 8 - 16
3 - 12 - 24
4 - 16 - 32
5 - 20 - 40
6 - 24 - 48
7 - 28 - 56
8 - 32 - 64
9 - 36 - 72
10 - 40 - 80

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <07-02-18/1341:34> »

Drone Combat, page 270
Fixing some broken page references.

Rules for drone combat are the same as those for regular flesh-and-blood characters and can be found in the Combat chapter (p. 158). Specific rules for using Gunnery and Sensors in combat can be found there as well (p. 202).  For specific rules on Gunnery and Sensors, see Drone Gunnery (p. 183) and Sensor Attacks (p. 184).

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <07-09-18/1410:16> »

Sustaining CFs, page 251
Change (75 words):
Some complex forms can be sustained through concentration. This lets their effects linger for as long as you sustain the complex form. Doing this is distracting, imposing a –2 dice pool penalty on all actions per complex form you’re sustaining. If something happens that the gamemaster thinks might break your concentration, she’ll call for a Simple Resonance + Willpower (2) Test to keep sustaining your Complex Forms. You can’t sustain Complex Forms when you’re unconscious.

To this (56 words):
Some complex forms can be sustained through concentration. Their effects linger for as long as you sustain the complex form, but the distraction imposes a –2 dice pool penalty on all actions for each complex form you sustain. You must be conscious and your Living Persona must be connected to the Matrix to sustain complex forms.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <07-13-18/1323:21> »

Called Shot: Vitals, page 196

Vitals: Standard ranged attacks are assumed to aim at center mass (human torso, car engine, etc.) to maximize chances to hit a critical area. Calling a shot to increase damage means the shooter aims for a particularly vital area of the body, such as the brain, spine, heart, or major arteries. These areas, when struck, tend to cause more serious wounds, but they are smaller targets and harder to hit. Targeting a vital spot with a called shot gives you an extra +2 DV on the attack and prevents Regeneration.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <07-13-18/1324:09> »

Regeneration, page 400 (second paragraph)

Regeneration can’t heal everything. Damage to the brain or spinal cord can’t be healed this way (see Called Shots: Vitals, p. 196). Magical damage from weapon foci, combat spells, most critter or adept powers, or Drain likewise can’t be healed by Regeneration. If the critter is damaged by something it has an Allergy to, it can heal that damage with Regeneration, but can’t make the Regeneration Test as long as it’s in contact with the allergen.