NEWS

SR6 Vehicle and Drone Availability

• 2 Replies

markelphoenix

• Omae
« on: <07-19-20/1006:14> »
So, looking through CRB, there is no (I) or (L) near the availability on any of the drones or vehicles.....so are they all just legal?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-19-20/1055:36> »
My belief that a license to operate a vehicle or drone is implicit, and therefore a license to OWN a vehicle or drone would be needlessly redundant.

Although, it is somewhat odd that milspec stuff wouldn't be restricted from civilian use.  But really the only representative of that category would be the Banshee, and its price tag essentially means "you only get to use one via GM fiat anyway".
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-20-20/0350:41> »
So, looking through CRB, there is no (I) or (L) near the availability on any of the drones or vehicles.....so are they all just legal?
Yes. You don't need a license to own or transport drones or vehicles in this edition.

(But if you are using a RCC to operate them then you might want to get a license for that, "RCC license").
(You also might want to get a license to drive, "Driver's license").