NEWS

Gun Heaven 2 is released! Fifty--that's right, fifty!--new guns!

• 69 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <05-16-12/1759:52> »
Back when we released the original Gun Heaven last year, we were very pleased with the reception. People seemed to like the large, full-color art for each piece, and the in-character descriptions. But most of all, people liked having more guns (except Bull, who told us there were enough guns in the games, and then he asked us why we didn't focus more on bringing cyberdecks back into the game, but we're used to that from him). So in that light--Gun Heaven 2 has been unleashed and is on sale now (Battleshop, DriveThruRPG)! Here's the rundown:

FRIEND OF THE DESPERATE AND THE HUNTED

The only friend you’ll ever need. The last friend you’ll ever have. Your gun is the one thing in your life that should be dependable, that should always make a nice loud bang when you squeeze the trigger, and should always bring down whoever you think should fall. Of course, if your weapon is going to be that important to you, you’ll need one that suits you perfectly. And to find the right match, it’s best if you have a lot of choices.

Welcome back to Gun Heaven, where your next best friend is waiting for you. Dozens of options await, from the troll-friendly Krime Cannon to the foldable Terracotta Arms Mordred, from the stylish Shiawase Arms K2072 to the true tool of the desperate, the Barrens Special. And on top of that is a new breakthrough in ammo that gives you a better chance to hit your intended target.

Gun Heaven 2 contains fifty new guns for Shadowrun, each with a large, full-color illustration and complete game information and statistics. They’re waiting for you—take a look and find that special friend that fits perfectly in your hands.

Gun Heaven 2 is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-12/1809:08> »
Yay! More bang bang!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-12/1921:10> »
Yay! More bang bang!
State of the Art Grade-A Bang-Bang, no less!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

NinthSphere

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-12/2301:23> »
Because the world can always use more high-powered hole punches.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-12/0406:38> »
Personally, I think you should have met Bull and I halfway and given us a hold-out Cyberdeck gun.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <05-17-12/0543:27> »
Personally, I think you should have met Bull and I halfway and given us a hold-out Cyberdeck gun.

Just make it a 're-skin' of the Ares Executive Protector that has a customizable Weapon Commlink as a Stock Mod. ;D
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #6 on: <05-17-12/0731:04> »
Hm
In fact, with Arsenal rules for weapon customization, I cannot see why those are not used when creating new catalog

Nice new piece of light ammo from SK, I like that :)

Everyone loves lasers and there is a lot of telling how it makes Armor obsolette
well, this I dont understand...since Lasers do 1/2 AP, while Gauss riffles do 1/2 -4 to AP...(of course there is that 8 points of availability difference)

A few battle rifles and Sniper rifles, a few fashion line things, well I can hardly see any progress or difference against classics (maybe that this come with pictures)
Saeder-Krupp definitely has the best weapon design in the catalog
Riser, who tells you that every piece on the list is crap (Who the frak is this guy, he is paid by Ares or Azies or something?)

Painfull lack of heavies (maybe 4 new? Like single shot assault cannon  ??? )

Overall for 12 bucks:
6/10 (because of nice pictures)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <05-17-12/0933:31> »
Quick question. Mostly for my record-keeping.

It says on the "login" page of the book that the current date/time is 23 Nov 2072, 0635 hrs. This seems to be a mistake since the first Gun Heaven's time was 6/15/2073. Should I just mark it as 5/15/2074 (ish) to keep in line with the other books?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <05-17-12/1208:54> »
Someone changed the time on their CommLink in order to fool some Demo Program they're using?  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-17-12/1211:13> »
Said it on FB, I'll say it here - I blame CanRay!

:P
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <05-17-12/1219:25> »
Said it on FB, I'll say it here - I blame CanRay!

:P
Despite being a major gun nut, I was not involved with this project.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <05-17-12/1220:26> »
Can still blame for you for something ;)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-17-12/1222:39> »
Can still blame for you for something ;)

Sure! Blame him for not playtesting it with his group. :D

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #13 on: <05-17-12/1228:24> »
Id blame him for NOT being part of this project. At least there may had been something with the right canadian punch. Like a FartGun or something...
(I know..those memes)

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <05-17-12/1238:12> »
New guns? NEW GUNS?

Finally a chance to let out my inner wacko.