NEWS

[SR6] Devices

• 1 Replies

Gareth

• Newb
« on: <09-05-19/0720:43> »
So, a gun is a device,

If the gun has an integral laser sight, is that a separate device or just part of the "gun" device?

What if it's a laser sight purchased separately? Does it integrate with the "gun" device, or is it a separate device (or can I choose)?

Does this mean the gun would take two slave spots on a PAN (potentially more with more accessories!)?

Is a rifle with bipod, smartlink, imaging scope and silencer (all of which have wireless benefits, and must therefore be devices) five devices, or one?

Is wireless status set for the group, or for each individual item?

What about a gun mounted on a vehicle? Separate device or part of the "vehicle" device?

Vehicles and guns can't normally have slave devices - do I need a separate car phone (and gun phone?) to protect them?

How far away can slaves wander and still benefit from the commlinks firewall? When I leave my car in a carpark to do some shopping does it lose my commlinks firewall as I leave? What if I'm in a black spot?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <09-05-19/0728:07> »
If it takes capacity of any kind I'd say it's one device. A gun and its mods. Cybereyes and their enhancements. But the solitary enhancement is its own device.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!