NEWS

Rep Log

• 93 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #60 on: <10-29-11/2206:21> »
Ya know, I wanted to say some smart-ass comment, but then realized the best thing to say was..."yes it is that bad, so lets just leave it alone".
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #61 on: <10-29-11/2217:55> »
When I'M not being a smart ass, you know how serious it truly is.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <10-30-11/0140:07> »
That's ridiculous.  Why start a flame war over something so trivial.  Call it a clip if you want, a magazine if you don't.  By the rules, though the annotation for ammo capacity for most automatics is (c) as in clip.  It's a stupid thing to fight about.
Living the Electronic Dream

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #63 on: <10-30-11/0223:00> »
That's ridiculous.  Why start a flame war over something so trivial.  Call it a clip if you want, a magazine if you don't.  By the rules, though the annotation for ammo capacity for most automatics is (c) as in clip.  It's a stupid thing to fight about.

You're not kidding. They were supposed to be green.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #64 on: <10-30-11/1354:23> »
How many flame wars have you seen that were over a smart thing to fight about, really?

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <10-31-11/1416:29> »
Good point.  Can't argue about that.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <10-31-11/1828:20> »
I got a question for Fastjack....

wouldn't technically if we knew 1 person what smitting us, then we could report them for harassment? Constantly hitting someone's negative karma has to at least be grounds for a warning, and other sites if someone had so much as smited someone 20 times in a row they could have had much more consequences on their plate.

I think that would be covered under the rules somewhere.... though at this rate ARC is probably going to be the only person with over -300 karma soon. :P
I understand where you're coming from, but if they are smiting you that much and you report them from harassment, then what? We ban them because they don't like you? We ban both of you because you can't get along?

Look at the freelancers that visit the boards. They take a lot of crap from posters, and all of it publicly. If we started banning people based on harassment qualities, half the folks in the clip vs. magazine threads would be tossed. As long as the person isn't bullying anyone, there's no way that we can ban them. If someone doesn't like another person on the boards, that's not harassment.

This is true. Though i thought that the "intent" to inflict massive amounts of negatives to have other's see the member in negative light. (First impression is important :P sometimes it's not the words you say) Is kind of bullying.

I was seeing it in the light of "oh you don't agree with me? well i'm going to make sure everyone see's that you aren't agreeable."

But yeah, I'm not sure what exactly constitutes as bullying then, besides the obvious outright name calling/foul language. :D

Anyways off that subject, and onto the random tangent i saw. I've still no idea that argument between those.... <.<

*look's at the heaviest ban hammer on the matrix in Fastjack's hand...*

*takes one step away*
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #67 on: <10-31-11/1920:25> »
I truly think we'd be better off without the Rep feature. It does nothing good.

But while it's there I do wish we could track it. Sometimes my Rep goes down when I spend long periods of time away from these forums, which is pretty mystifying. Are people smiting me for things I'm NOT posting?
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <10-31-11/1932:16> »
I truly think we'd be better off without the Rep feature. It does nothing good.

But while it's there I do wish we could track it. Sometimes my Rep goes down when I spend long periods of time away from these forums, which is pretty mystifying. Are people smiting me for things I'm NOT posting?

That's quite a feat actually.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <11-01-11/0204:57> »
I had a mate who's blog site actually got more hits when he wasn't updating it. It mystified him - he could blog once a day for a week, and get X hits, and then not blog for a week and get 2-3 * X hits. Since he hasn't updated that for a year, I wonder what the current hits are like ;)

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <11-01-11/0206:33> »
I had a mate who's blog site actually got more hits when he wasn't updating it. It mystified him - he could blog once a day for a week, and get X hits, and then not blog for a week and get 2-3 * X hits. Since he hasn't updated that for a year, I wonder what the current hits are like ;)

Well it would seem he would still be getting the same average hits.  He just wouldn't see them coming in daily.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <11-01-11/0222:28> »

Well it would seem he would still be getting the same average hits.  He just wouldn't see them coming in daily.

*whoooooooooosh*

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <11-01-11/0920:31> »

*whoooooooooosh*

I take it I missed something?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <11-01-11/1614:00> »

*whoooooooooosh*

I take it I missed something?

He was saying the guy got more hits when he wasn't updating. 2 to 3 times as much.

Say he got 10 hits a day when updating daily or weekly.

Well when he wasn't,

he got 20-30 hits.... <.<

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <11-01-11/1630:11> »
Eh, I'm not really sure how the hit checker works.  I cannot deny this.  I figured if he didn't check the numbers would continue to roll over and then when he did he would see a 2 10 hit days for a total of 20 hits and would think that it doubled.  It could be a common mistake.