NEWS

Rep Log

• 93 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #45 on: <10-23-11/1305:08> »
And here I was thinking it was like the men with blue hands in the Firefly tv series. :P
If I could make people bleed from their eyes, ears and hands, there'd be a lot less people. ;D
QFT.  I worked Tech Support, if I could kill people with sound...  Oh man, the bodies I'd have left behind...

So glad to not be there any longer.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-23-11/1318:29> »
And here I was thinking it was like the men with blue hands in the Firefly tv series. :P
If I could make people bleed from their eyes, ears and hands, there'd be a lot less people. ;D
QFT.  I worked Tech Support, if I could kill people with sound...  Oh man, the bodies I'd have left behind...

So glad to not be there any longer.
Having done that too, I'll say it's worse to be a "public servant". At least at tech support I never heard, "My taxes pay your salary, you'd better do what I want."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #47 on: <10-23-11/1322:52> »
Having done that too, I'll say it's worse to be a "public servant". At least at tech support I never heard, "My taxes pay your salary, you'd better do what I want."
"My service fees pay your salary, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW!!!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <10-23-11/1329:38> »
"My service fees pay your salary, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW!!!"
Yep. I've heard that. But at least the tech service complaint is for tech service support (usually). For some reason a large number of people think that if your salary is paid by taxes, THEY know what your job should and should not be. Oh, and they should have controls on what you do and do not spend your paycheck on as well.

Sorry, this is going way off subject and I think I'll end there.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #49 on: <10-23-11/1331:28> »
I was a civil servant (Perma-Temp position due to budget cutbacks) as well.  Luckily, I didn't deal with the general public.

Agreed, back to topic.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <10-28-11/1738:27> »
I got a question for Fastjack....

wouldn't technically if we knew 1 person what smitting us, then we could report them for harassment? Constantly hitting someone's negative karma has to at least be grounds for a warning, and other sites if someone had so much as smited someone 20 times in a row they could have had much more consequences on their plate.

I think that would be covered under the rules somewhere.... though at this rate ARC is probably going to be the only person with over -300 karma soon. :P
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <10-28-11/2021:30> »
Quote from: ARC link=topic=5054.msg78726#msg7 :'(8726 date=1317927477
I just hate that it makes me look like a troll.
You got a problem with trolls, Omae?
 ;D
Player : "Can I call one of my hacker friends?"
GM : "You don't have any friends."
Player pouts.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #52 on: <10-28-11/2224:35> »
I got a question for Fastjack....

wouldn't technically if we knew 1 person what smitting us, then we could report them for harassment? Constantly hitting someone's negative karma has to at least be grounds for a warning, and other sites if someone had so much as smited someone 20 times in a row they could have had much more consequences on their plate.

I think that would be covered under the rules somewhere.... though at this rate ARC is probably going to be the only person with over -300 karma soon. :P
I understand where you're coming from, but if they are smiting you that much and you report them from harassment, then what? We ban them because they don't like you? We ban both of you because you can't get along?

Look at the freelancers that visit the boards. They take a lot of crap from posters, and all of it publicly. If we started banning people based on harassment qualities, half the folks in the clip vs. magazine threads would be tossed. As long as the person isn't bullying anyone, there's no way that we can ban them. If someone doesn't like another person on the boards, that's not harassment.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <10-28-11/2233:18> »
Quote from: ARC link=topic=5054.msg78726#msg7 :'(8726 date=1317927477
I just hate that it makes me look like a troll.
You got a problem with trolls, Omae?
 ;D

Only internet trolls.  BTW Zilfer, I'm over a third of the way there.  He he he.
Living the Electronic Dream

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #54 on: <10-28-11/2241:35> »
...half the folks in the clip vs. magazine threads would be tossed.
Only half?  Anyhow, you're just happy that someone will have a higher Negative score than you finally.  ;)

Yes yes, I know, The Special Hell.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #55 on: <10-29-11/0924:12> »
Only half?  Anyhow, you're just happy that someone will have a higher Negative score than you finally.  ;)

Yes. The one for people that talk at shows.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <10-29-11/1119:54> »

After having dealt with ammo in the Army.  a Magazine is a large earthen building used to store large quantity of ammo.  Clips are for Assault Rifles and pistols, and Belts are for full Auto Machine guns.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #57 on: <10-29-11/1131:16> »

After having dealt with ammo in the Army.  a Magazine is a large earthen building used to store large quantity of ammo.  Clips are for Assault Rifles and pistols, and Belts are for full Auto Machine guns.
DO. NOT. START. I have the Ban-hammer ready and willing.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <10-29-11/1722:00> »

DO. NOT. START. I have the Ban-hammer ready and willing.

WOW!  I take it those battles were bad?  In all honesty they are both the same.  Though you do find a lot more Military that call them Magazines.  It's a whole potato po-ta-to thing I guess.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #59 on: <10-29-11/1950:23> »
They're not that bad.  They're worse.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11