NEWS

WIP[Module] The Game

• 5 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <01-19-12/0631:30> »
I got this idea while I was at work. Still working it out in my head, and then I need to convert it to actual stats, but I wanted to see what people thought about it first.

The Premise: One of the team's usual fixers contacts the team with a job for a software company. Good pay for what should be only a day's work.

The Meet: Mr. Johnson meets them in a warehouse in the Barrens of the local sprawl (Redmond in Seattle, Aurora Warrens in Denver, and so on). Security (in the form of the local gang and a few spirits) is high enough to keep anyone from causing trouble in the warehouse. Inside the warehouse is a single terminal with four hardwired helmets, providing a trode net and a sim module modified for hot sim. The system, however, is isolated from the matrix, and has no wireless functionality. There are more hard lines running to a bank of monitors on a desk.

Mr. Johnson is dressed in an odd getup, with a bunch of ancient buttons and a sword at his side, to match his clown makeup face. If asked about the look, he tells them that it sticks out less in this neighborhood than a suit. He tells them that they are here to beta test his client's new game, something bleeding edge. Because the game features a team of shadowrunners, the team has been brought in as technical advisors, before the game goes into open beta. For this, they'll be paid a considerable sum (10-15K each). Because of the nature of the game, they'll have to run the game in hot sim.

The group spends some time entering personal data into the computer, to provide the most realistic simulation possible. Instead of normal programs, the game will simulate their own abilities. (OOC: They will use their abilities normally in the game, including magic, ware, and the like, and move at their normal initiative, not matrix initiative.)

The Game: The game is actually a SR4A conversion of the Harlequin's Back adventure. Unfortunately, damage (and other effects) taken in the game will affect their meat bodies as well.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-12/0838:40> »
Hey, I fully intend, when I get a group, to start in 2050 and run everything from then, converting on the fly if I have to.  Certain things won't exist yet, natch, but I'll use SR4 rules and restrict as necessary ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-12/1452:39> »
Hey, I fully intend, when I get a group, to start in 2050 and run everything from then, converting on the fly if I have to.  Certain things won't exist yet, natch, but I'll use SR4 rules and restrict as necessary ...

I am currently running a campaign set in the 2050s.  Its not that hard to use SR4A rules, just no wireless, come links are actual 'decks', small stuff like that.  The biggest gripe sometimes is when I restrict character types a bit, you know, no technomancer, no surge, no A.I. .
But half my players are fairly new to shadow run, and thus I can do things like have them drop off someone they saved to a UB free clinic, and not have anyone panic :)
Have run Mecurial and half of harlequin.  Looking forward to converting and maybe heavily modifying DNA/DOA.
Anyways, highly recommend it.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-12/1453:59> »
Sounds good mirikon.  Should be very difFerent from the average mission.  Let us k ow how it goes.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #4 on: <02-26-12/1947:15> »
hey black, could i have a copy of your notes, i want to be evil to my players
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

ShadowChaser13

• Newb
  • Find your own truth
« Reply #5 on: <03-09-12/2020:57> »
Cool idea man
Watch your back,
Shoot straight,
Conserve ammo,
And.....

SC13