NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Elena

• 103 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <10-03-16/1821:10> »
Your club is probably the closest strip club but there is a bar a couple blocks away. The chatter is the same as your club though some gruesome killings have been making the news and people have been talking about that some.  Nothing much about the neighbors.  Maybe you'd have better luck speaking to someone.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <10-03-16/2121:55> »
After nursing the drink, Elena orders another and overpays the waitress.  "Say, I am new to the area and looking for a bit of work.  I noticed the nice house a couple blocks over.  Seems that sort of place might be looking for some cleaning help or something.  Know anything about the residents?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <10-03-16/2336:58> »
Yeah real reclusive types them folks.  I ain't never seen anyone what lived there but  I hear it's an old widower or a couple that don't get out much.  I seen a couple of girls head in but I don't think they were there to clean if ya catch my drift.  I don't pay it much notice.  If you want some work my brother is a pig and he could use someone to clean up for him.  You got a number?  I can have him give you a call.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <10-04-16/0105:45> »
Elena laughs.  "Your brother able to pay well?"  Almost as an afterthought, she asks the waitress another question, one with a fifty scrip note attached.  "So what were those other girls going in for and did you see them come back out?  And would you be willing to look at a couple of pictures?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <10-05-16/2314:36> »
The waitress eyes you for a bit, He pays well for cleaning...He may not be able to afford other services.  Pretty girl like you probably knows what I mean.

I didn't pay much attention to the girls.  I just remember they were girls, young, attractive.  You tend to assume things being what they are and all, but who knows maybe they were selling folks religion, been a few of them around too.  There some trouble I should be aware of though?  I mean you're no cop and you are asking questions and showing pictures that's one of two things and I don't really want to be in the middle of either of them.  I'll look at your pictures so long as you can assure me of that.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <10-06-16/0322:05> »
Elena slips another fifty scrip along the table as she shows Jessica's PDA with the pictures she took of photos in Jessica's and Kati's apartments.  "I never saw you.  I am not police.  I am trying to find out what happened to these girls and others who have disappeared in this area.  That address is common to both girls and I am interested in knowing if they went in and did not come back out..  You would be helping people that might remember you quietly if you ever need anything."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <10-08-16/0000:29> »
Yeah I seen both em around here, recently even.  I'm sorry I don't know for sure if they were coming or going when I saw em.  I don't really nose into peoples business like that.  That's sort of a good rule of thumb around here.

Oh wait.  I, uh, I don't know if this has anything to do with what you are looking into and it didn't have anything to do with those two girls as far as I know but one bloke came outta there with this card thing.  He left it here, let me see if we have it in the back still.

After a few minutes she comes back empty handed.  Looks like our lost and found was empties out recently.  There was a picture on it with 3 circles bunched together into a triangle with three arrows poking out of the center between them.  It said something tired of barely living let us raise you up to your potential or some such shit like that... we get a few of these cults now and then, I figured it was something like that.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <10-08-16/1517:50> »
Elena smiles and nods at the girl.  "Thank you very much.  I hope I may see you again sometime."  She finishes her drink then leaves the bar, heading back to the house.  On the way, she uses her 'link to see if there is any public information on the design that the waitress has described for her.  Pausing at the gate, she looks around as if nervous then shakes herself before boldly walking up to the door and ringing the bell.  Hopefully she looks like someone not quite sure of herself or her reason for being here.
« Last Edit: <10-09-16/1937:05> by Mercy Merchant »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <10-11-16/2156:21> »
You press the buzzer at the gate but receive no answer.  After a few moments you start feeling a bit conspicuous and decide another angle may be better.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <10-12-16/0051:37> »
Getting no answer, I lean closer to the intercom box and press the button again, this time saying, "Hello?  I was at the bar and they told me some guy had been in and dropped off a card.  It said something about rising to my potential if I was low, and I am just about at rock bottom now.  Can you help me?"  She lets go of the button and waits a bit.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <10-12-16/1838:31> »
There is still no answer.  Perhaps no one is home? 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <10-13-16/0059:24> »
Elena takes a look at her 'link and yawns.  She has been up all day and now it is past four AM.  She shrugs and heads back to the bar where she seeks out the same waitress and asks her for a pen.  She writes her com code on two coasters and hands one to the girl.  "I like you.  Call me if you want company.  No strings.  I am going off for a bit.  I will drop this coaster at the gate of that house down there then go looking for a place to stay.  Any cheap places near here?"

Elena leaves the bar again, heading back to the large house, where she tries the gate button one more time before wedging the coaster in the gate where someone will hopefully see it.  She has written on it that she is pretty fragging low and could use some help and included her com code.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-15-16/1805:52> »
[spoiler]Your club is about half a mile from here.  You could just go home.  I'm assuming you don't want to go there for some reason.[/spoiler]

Aww, yer sweet.  I'm very flattered but I ain't into girls.  I'm sorry. she says.  There's a coffin hotel a few blocks from here.  If yer lookin' for a place ta crash.

She gives you directions and you find yourself at an automated coffin motel.  It looks in pretty decent shape considering its location.  20 nuyen later you have a mark on the door of a portal three rows up.  The pods are stacked 4 high with a dozen rows.  You climb up and crawl into a pod.  The room consists of a mat lumped at either end and a trid screen in the roof with speakers to either side.  There's barely enough room to turn around or sit up in it, but you manage to lock the door and lay down to get some sleep.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <10-15-16/1832:43> »
Elena smiles at the waitress and thanks her for the directions.  She drags herself to the motel and grabs some sleep, thankful that she is not claustrophobic.  Her mind wanders for a bit on what might have happened to thise girls once they got into the house and hoping that she gets a call back.  Too tired to worry any more, she falls asleep.

In the morning, she checks for messages as she leaves the coffin and goes across the street to one of the every-present Stuffer Shacks to use the bathroom and grab a small soycaf.  She is tempted by the food, but wants to give an appropriate sense of being hungry when she goes back to the house.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <10-15-16/2309:40> »
A message pings on your comlink while drinking your soycaf.  >>I don't know you and I don't know why you think I would help you.  Why are you contacting me?<<