NEWS

[6E] Emulate <software> Complex Form

• 4 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« on: <02-16-22/1519:52> »
So, the Emulate Software ability of Technomancers has gone from an Echo to a Complex Form in 6E. Yay! Maybe people will actually use it now!

But that brings up a question: Can a TM use Emulate Software and run said emulated software on another device, or does it have to run on the TM's Living Persona?

If the latter, how can a TM ever actually use Autosofts emulated by this CF? As the Living Persona has no ability to share out software like RCCs can.

-k

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-16-22/1717:47> »
I think the intention is for the Complex Form to target the Technomancer's Living Persona.

And the Autosoft language is future proofing in case something comes along that would let a Technomancer's Living Persona emulate an RCC or some of it's features.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-17-22/0820:08> »
I think the intention is for the Complex Form to target the Technomancer's Living Persona.

And the Autosoft language is future proofing in case something comes along that would let a Technomancer's Living Persona emulate an RCC or some of it's features.

That is correct
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-17-22/1148:07> »
There is a Living Network Echo in CBR and back in Kill Code for SR5 we had Machinists Data Stream with a Daemon that made it possible for the Machinist to "...twist the Resonance in such a way that their living persona can function as an RCC". If this is also added in a future supplement for SR6 then I believe that it would let drones in their living network benefit of them threading complex forms to emulate Autosofts.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-17-22/1237:00> »
There is a Living Network Echo in CBR and back in Kill Code for SR5 we had Machinists Data Stream with a Daemon that made it possible for the Machinist to "...twist the Resonance in such a way that their living persona can function as an RCC". If this is also added in a future supplement for SR6 then I believe that it would let drones in their living network benefit of them threading complex forms to emulate Autosofts.

Can't give too much away but the matrix book is in process ad we speak... and yes technomancers are getting some new toys including a way to operate as a RCC ... assuming editing doesn't cut it all out which is unlikely
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team