NEWS

Overview: Prime Missions, Convention Mission packs, and various

• 26 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #15 on: <05-09-14/1010:53> »
Awesome, thanks sinthalix!

What's with the 5B numbering? Missions Season 5 is already on SRM5-01, so does SRM5B-01 indicate a something else?
« Last Edit: <05-09-14/1013:01> by martinchaen »

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-09-14/1024:53> »
Since the events will be released for GenCon very soon, here are the four new SRMs we will run at GenCon and beyond
I don't know if this is the right spot for the question, but since I'm attending GenCon I'll go ahead and ask.  Will Run and Gun be legal for Shadowrun Missions by GenCon?

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #17 on: <05-09-14/1046:06> »
As of this moment I do not know.  If the announced street date is prior to 15 July 2014, then yes.  If after, well no.  Sorry I can't be more specific.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #18 on: <05-09-14/1049:09> »
Glad to hear SRM 5B is on its way, Ray. That means from GenCon to GenCon I'll have Dangerous Games (4), SRM 5A-04 to -06 (3) and SRM 5B-01 to -04 (4) to run, which means I should be fine Missions-wise at one per month and a summertime break. :)

Since the events will be released for GenCon very soon, here are the four new SRMs we will run at GenCon and beyond
I don't know if this is the right spot for the question, but since I'm attending GenCon I'll go ahead and ask.  Will Run and Gun be legal for Shadowrun Missions by GenCon?
Unless they're changing the Missions FAQ rules, it will depend. GenCon starts on the 14th of August, so the streetdate of R&G would have to be the 14th of July for it to be legal by then. If we assume the announcing of the street date will happen at least a month in advance (meaning it will take a month to ship the books through suppliers to the shops once the books hit the warehouse), then unless we get an announcement within a month, I suspect it won't make it in time.

But only time can tell, and Bull might decide to make an exception. If a month from now there's no street date yet, I'd poke Bull if I were you, in this forum but not this topic. I don't expect such an exception but who knows.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <05-11-14/0003:41> »
I didn't see it anywhere, but I'd hate to think that the Shadowrun Scramble is gone.  Is it listed as something else?

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #20 on: <05-11-14/0723:05> »
I didn't see it anywhere, but I'd hate to think that the Shadowrun Scramble is gone.  Is it listed as something else?

Looks like the Origins event is "Abandoned Assets".  I don't see the Gen Con event listed, but it's possible that not all the events made Gen Con's first round of posting...I think that happened last year as well.
« Last Edit: <05-11-14/0732:17> by Fringe »
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #21 on: <05-11-14/0948:16> »
It's not called the Scramble anymore, I don't think.  Should be the same format they used last year, which was a shorter, LARP only format, rather than the longer mixed Larp/Tabletop format used in previous years.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #22 on: <05-11-14/1123:35> »
LRP1457389   Containment Failure   Sat @ 12:00 PM

It has not posted as of yet, but here's the info when it does.

Bull is correct, Scramble is no more.  It was replaced last year with Shadowrun LARP (AKA Shadowrun Live).  4 hour LARP format using SR Missions legal characters.  There's a posting somewhere on here talking about it last year.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #23 on: <05-17-14/1425:30> »
LRP1457389   Containment Failure   Sat @ 12:00 PM

It has not posted as of yet, but here's the info when it does.
The event is now posted.  Here's the details:

Game ID:    LRP1457389
Gaming Group / Company:    Catalyst Game Labs
Title:    Containment Failure
Description:    Chicago is being reclaimed, but it’s not coming along quietly. Everyone from the corps to the gangs wants to grab and hold on to their piece, and it’s up to Shadowrunners to make sure this happens.
Event Type:    LRP - LARP
Game System:    Shadowrun
Rules Edition:    5th
Minimum Number of Players:    24
Maximum Number of Players:    48
Minimum Age:    Mature (18+)
Experience Required:    Some (You've played it a bit and understand the basics)
Materials Provided:    No, materials are not provided for this game. You must bring your own.
Start Date & Time:    Saturday at 12:00 PM
Duration:    4 hours
End Date & Time:    Saturday at 4:00 PM
GM(s):   
Web Address for more information:    www.shadowruntabletop.com
Email Address for more information:    srmissions@gmail.com
Tournament:    No, this is not a tournament.
Cost:    $10.00

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #24 on: <06-01-14/0629:10> »
Awesome, thanks sinthalix!

What's with the 5B numbering? Missions Season 5 is already on SRM5-01, so does SRM5B-01 indicate a something else?

As an FYI, for convention purposes SRM5B-01 etc are numbered SRM 5B-07 thru 10.  That way you can quickly determine if you have played all the SRMs currently available (SRM 5A-01 thru SRM5 B-10).  The B indicates it is the next story arc in Season 5.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <06-20-14/1721:00> »
Question:

Is Elven Blood and Bad Moon Rising legal mods for current missions? I would like to get this clarified before I pick them up.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #26 on: <06-20-14/1724:53> »
Those are SR4a, so not in Season 5...unless you're still playing SR4a...
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team