NEWS

Conceptual TMancer Question

• 12 Replies

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« on: <03-02-20/0946:05> »
I'm trying to think up a way to make a good front line Combat Technomancer. 
Is it possible to do nifty little tricks like rebooting someones cybereyes in between punches?
Or is it too hard to split concentration like that for a TM.
Is the Technomancer destined to forever be the hidden beast?

Edition doesn't really matter on this one.
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Tkeela

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-20/0954:22> »
What about like a 6e, cash A, skilljack, skillwire, synaptic booster 2, and cerebral booster 3. And a bit different attribute shuffling for some agi? And use like a transys Avalon for AR?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-02-20/1000:18> »
A problem you're facing is you generally need either cyber/bio or magic in order to be a credible physical combatant.  TMs can't use magic, and cyber/bio counts against their Resonance, so you pretty much have to take it in small amounts, if at all.

Realistically your options are to rely on a teammate to cast spells on you, or be a Juicer.

Alternately, if you want to be a helpful contributor to physical combat, the easiest way to do it is the way Riggers do it: provide firepower via drones.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, youre fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Chalkarts

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-02-20/1131:00> »
Alternately, if you want to be a helpful contributor to physical combat, the easiest way to do it is the way Riggers do it: provide firepower via drones.

I've read references to the dronomancers but i still don't know how it works.  It intrigues me though. 

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-02-20/1221:31> »
Well drones work the way they work no matter who's controlling them.  Note that you don't have to Jump In to control a drone.

If you want to use your drone as a remote firing platform, you make the same kind of attack roll as if you were shooting at someone with a gun in your hand, only you use Engineering + Logic in place of Firearms + Agility.  If you instead want to just tell the drone to handle the shooting (so that you can do other things yourself, like hack cybereyes or whatever) the drone rolls Sensor + Targeting Autosoft.  With the way 6we forces everyone to only get one player turn per combat round (no more passes), having your own actions as well as controlling a drone with another complete set of actions is a pretty powerful force multiplication!

Of course, you CAN get Control Rig cyberware and jump in just like Riggers do.  Or, after you Submerge, you can buy the Machine Mind echo which is a Resonance analogue to the Control Rig.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, youre fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Chalkarts

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-02-20/1245:36> »
How does a TM take over the drone, do they just talk to it in AR and tell it "power on and listen up"?

How many drones can a TM have in it's orbit?

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-02-20/1246:54> »
Well if it's your own drone, you don't have to "take it over".  You just issue commands to it (basically, physical analogue to digital Sprite or magical Spirit).  The main mechanical difference is that you can usurp direct control and use the drone as a tool during your own action, rather than leaving it to its own devices under autopilot control.

And you can have as many drones as you can afford to buy.

Chalkarts

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-02-20/1313:58> »
And you can have as many drones as you can afford to buy.

I'm always looking for a goal or endgame for my characters.
It would be fun for a Dronomancers goal to be filling his Vehicle with as many drones as possible.  Going into battle with an army of his own.
How many drones can you fit in a Roadmaster.(rhetorical) hehehehe

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <03-03-20/0001:00> »
Medium drones take 1 seat if ready to deploy, Small 0.5, large 2, I would say. Alternatively wait for the Rigger book to introduce drone racks.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Gamescet

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <03-03-20/0607:25> »
Однако это специфика чуть данных сервисов, самым надежным из которых непременно является Гугл, ибо взломать его аккаунт около использовании упомянутой защиты практически не реально.

А где вторично не быть без создания аккаунта ? Ну, правильно — социальные сети. Фактически, без регистрации вы лишены всех базовых возможностей (читайте про , и ). Причем профиль в соцсетях играет, вероятно, самую значимую роль между всех сервисов в интернете.
Armored Warfare: Проект Армата
По нему вас оценивают и узнают другие пользователи сети. Кроме этого, сам интерфейс социалок устроен так, чтобы на основе анализа данных учетной записи свидетельствовать наиболее интересные именно вам материалы и рекламные блоки. Вы же не хотите смотреть не интересную вам рекламу? Следовательно честно заполняйте свой профиль в области своих интересов и пристрастий.

Следовательно, который же такое аккаунт ? В самом простом случае это , которые вы придумали присутствие регистрации для каком-либо сервисе в интернете. При них мы уже достанет подробно поговорили и, надеюсь, вы не повторите моих ошибок, которые в свое срок привели к потере и заражению вирусом моих сайтов. Советую воспользоваться моими советами сообразно организации хранения логинов и паролей ко всем вашим учетным записям.
Darksiders II
Опричь логина и пароля в аккаунте также может храниться и другая информация о вас, чистый о пользователе данного сервиса. Насколько она довольно объемной, зависит в основном лишь через вас. Вы можете полностью заполнить особенный профиль, а можете не делать этого вовсе. Всетаки стоит запоминать, сколько гарантировать сохранность ваших личных данных (ФИО, адрес, реквизиты банковских карточек), сообразно большому счету, не может никто (даже тот, который относительный этом заявляет).

Следовательно советую сильно усердный подходить к подобным вещам. Смотрите сами. Допустим, что в своем профиле в социальных сетях вы страшно разоткровенничались. Напрямую против вас использовать эту информацию сложно, ежели вы только не нарушали законодательство своей страны, выкладывая запрещенные материалы тож призывая к чему-то противозаконному.

Всетаки, упихивать такая чтото как социальный инжинеринг (вид интернет мошенничества), который как раз и использует легкомысленно оставленные личные причина, будто в аккаунтах, так и прямо в сообщениях (в социалках, форумах, блогах и т.п.). Лично я знаю единица, когда у человека с его невзламываемого кошелька в WebMoney (был активирован ) сумели-таки увести касса, умело манипулируя его доверчивостью в переписке.
https://games-play.ru игровые Аккаунты
Сиречь создать и удалить аккаунт?
 овно же создать аккаунт ? Станет просто. Подобно я и описал выше — придумать логин и отзыв (завершительный иногда сервис самовольно вам выдает, только вы после вольны будете его поменять). Ах да, я же ведь не зря в начале публикации завел здравица про сервисы, раздающие бесплатные почтовые ящики. Создать аккаунт не имея электронной почты у вас не получится в подавляющем большинстве интернет сервисов и сайтов.

Сейчас, быль, идет к переходу на более надежный система аутентификации и подтверждения права на управление своим профилем (комната мобильного телефона), однако Емайл по-прежнему нужен и без него создать акк, скорее всего, не получится. Все, получить почтовый чемодан можно даром для десятках сервисов, а , которая довольно сидеть только несколько дней.

Не советую при создании аккаунтов указывать частный основной Емайл. Почему? Ну, тогда весь объясняется тем, зачем сервисам общий нужны ваши причина и почтовый буфет в первую очередь. Грубо говоря — чтобы рассылки сообщений, которые в идеале должны побудить вас возвращаться к ним, ну и чтобы оповещения о произошедших на сервисе событиях.

Поэтому и советую пользоваться быть создании учетной записи «левый сундук», а разве сервис вас несомненно зацепит и вы останетесь на нем жить, то Емайл дозволительно довольно поменять в отличии через логина.

Нынче о часть, как удалить принадлежащий аккаунт ? Тогда всетаки значительно сложнее. Для заманить вас в свои тенета, владельцы социалок, форумов, блогов и прочих сайтов размещаются кнопку регистрации на самом видном месте, отмечают как обязательные большое состав полей и хотят получить через созданного вами профиля наподобие дозволено больше выгоды.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <03-03-20/1159:00> »
Is there an ETA on the Rigger box?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <03-03-20/1201:20> »
Is there an ETA on the Rigger box?

The line developer once said in a youtube interview that Rigger 6 is slated for Gen Con 2020.  That was a few months ago, and I haven't heard a peep since, so no idea if that schedule is still on track or not.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-04-20/1122:31> »
Technomancers lose out in drones in 5e IMO because they cannot integrate with RCCs. This makes them very slow in hopping between drones, losing out to a decker with a rig and some extra cash for drones. Or just better off like anyone else just buying an RCC and autosofts.

They make much better vehicle riggers, IMO, where a single device, a vehicle, that can be used with lots of different skills (pilot, sneaking, electronic warfare, gunnery, etc.) that makes investing in machine sprite boosting it very efficient and powerful.

As for combat technos, the strategy isn't different than other techno builds. I still go with a gunslinger techno, boosted with machine sprites and drugs. It ends up with a similar build to a typical bio-adept gunslinger, forfeiting some defense/initiative for being able to be a matrix support character (someone who helps out a dedicated hacker with amazing abilities like lending helper sprites for teamwork tests or combat fodder, static veil and cleaner to make OS irrelevant, resonance veil and puppeteer for emergencies, and boosting or lowering firewall of the hacker or targets). You can a character with easy at least two and mostly three combat passes, solid Agile Defender for Full Defense if you need, and very high shooting dice pools with very high limits (Ex. Agility 8 + Weapon 6 + spec 2 + smartlink 2 + Machine sprites 6  [let's say 3 L4 sprites for 2 + 2 + 2]= 24, and this can be further boosted with other 'ware/qualities/choices). It can be a lot of fun to play with a lot of growth potential.

I would advice against combat hacking, it is just generally too inefficient/slow compared to just shooting. If it comes to violence, the system is designed to resolve by violence. It should be able to be a thing, but by the time you can get marks (which is hard for technomancers to do without touching things with skinlink), your enemy has already gotten several shots out at you, instead of preventing that just by shooting them first. Hackers can be great at PREVENTING violence, or by creating a violent situation that your team is advantaged (you draw people into a locked and dark room that you remote detonate a grenade in, etc.).

Quick Example:

PQs: 23 PQs, 10 nuyen, 10 strength, -25 NQs = 7 karma remaining
Karma Remaining to spend on gear: 48k (plenty for a fully stocked starting combat character)

Note: This example uses machine pistols due to commonality, but a fun perk of such a build is the extra accuracy machine sprites can add to weapons. So this build either lets you take quite a lot of advantage of rerolling edge to reach a very high accuracy limit, or, conversely, take a very low accuracy weapon and make it very accurate. Things like a Krime Boss shotgun, for example, can become very accurate and deadly in the hands of a technogunslinger when they would very much not be in most simple street sams' hands. Even more alternatively, the character can be built with weird exotic weapons that have low accuracy and are tough to get high dice pools with and make them more viable (Pain Inducer, Super Squirt, etc.)

== Personal Data ==
Street Name:
Name: Unnamed Character
Movement:16/32 (2m/hit)
Swim:5 (1m/hit)
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 3
Public Awareness: 0
Human
Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 8
Lift/Carry: 5 (30 kg/20 kg)
Memory: 9
Nuyen:47,980

== Priorities ==
Metatype: D,1
Attributes: A,4
Special: B,3
Skills: E,0
Resources: C,2

== Attributes ==
Current Form:
BOD: 3
AGI: 6( 8 )
REA: 5
STR: 2
CHA: 3
INT: 5
LOG: 4
WIL: 5
EDG: 4
RES: 4

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                                5.00
Initiative:                             10 +1d6 (with Psyche, Cram and Narco 14 + 2d6)
Rigger Initiative:                      10 +1d6
Astral Initiative:                     
Matrix AR:                              10 +1d6
Matrix Cold:                            9 +3d6
Matrix Hot:                             9 +4d6
Physical Damage Track:                  10
Stun Damage Track:                      11
Defense: 10 (14 with drugs)
Full Defense: 18 (22 with drugs)

== Limits ==
Physical:                               4
Mental:                                 6
Social:                                 6
   Impassive [-1] (Does not include Intimidation.)
Astral:                                 6

== Active Skills ==
Automatics (Machine Pistols)            Base:6          Pool:14(16)
Compiling (Machine)                     Base:4          Pool:8(10)
Perception (Visual)                     Base:1          Pool:7(9)
Registering (Machine)                   Base:6          Pool:10(12)
Sneaking (Urban)                        Base:2          Pool:10(12)
Software                                Base:6          Pool:10

== Knowledge Skills ==
(18 points to spend)

== Qualities ==
Addiction (Mild) (Psyche)
Addiction (Mild) (Cram)
Agile Defender
Common Sense
Impassive
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Otaku to Technomancer
Perfect Time
Technomancer
Weak Immune System

== Complex Forms ==
(Tradition: Default, Resist Fading with WIL + RES = 11)
Cleaner
Puppeteer
Resonance Veil
Static VeilTarget: ,Duration: ,Fading Value:

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Muscle Toner Rating 2
Narco
Nephritic screen Rating 1 (alpha)
Smartlink (alpha)
Synch
Tetrachromatic Vision

== Weapons ==