NEWS

Crazy Character Concepts (AKA The Special Snowflake Compendium)

• 39 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-06-16/0255:36> »
Buttercap - the unarmed adept infiltrator. Inspired by the powerpuff girls and uses every possible method to increase strength exceptional attribute ,metagenetic improvement + genetic optimization  and 4 levels of improved STR adept power  2 + 1 + 1 +1 +4 = 9 STR

why?!  try living with yourself after being punched unconscious by a tiny pixie.
« Last Edit: <01-06-16/0258:35> by gilga »

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <01-06-16/1430:28> »
Granny Smith (Formerly known as Appleseed) -  A 67-years-old former legendary Hacker/Motorcycle-Rigger, now back on the street after 20 years of retirement. Because, you know, revenge ´n´ stuff.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-08-16/2324:55> »
Granny Smith (Formerly known as Appleseed) -  A 67-years-old former legendary Hacker/Motorcycle-Rigger, now back on the street after 20 years of retirement. Because, you know, revenge ´n´ stuff.

This works 'cause the two matrix crashes since they ran is a legitimate reason why they're a legendary hacker/rigger but there starting skill levels aren't  like the legendary 11-13 range but rather the 6  (plus specialization of course) of everyone else. Having to adjust to a whole new set of rules and all.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #18 on: <01-09-16/0453:20> »
New Idea..... 14 Agility. Skimmers, Hydraulic Jack Cyber legs. 112m Run Speed?
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-09-16/0455:33> »
How does it compare against a wakyambi harvester?

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #20 on: <01-09-16/1530:30> »
How does it compare against a wakyambi harvester?

Just throwing things at agility (Improved Agi 4 as an adept ) for a wakyambi  harvester you end up at 11 agi x 7 for base running speed= 77 x magic rating 6= 462 (Movement).... so not well but there isn't a drawback of eating people either. and if you have a Mage buddy who can summon you up a spirit for movement you're in business.

wakyambi  over night one means 13 agi. giving up the jacks for legs for merely cyberfeet skimmers gives us 156 base run though...
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #21 on: <01-15-16/0236:10> »
...the oddest character I had was back in 4th ed.

"Rosie" was an Orc ex construction worker who lost her arm in an accident on a job site and had a full modular cyberarm replacement with the following tool attachments

Monofilament Chainsaw
Laser Cutting Tool
High Velocity Nailgun
High Speed Drill,
Jackhammer. (her favourite)

When she said she was going to "drill someone", she meant it, literally.

Unfortunately I cannot recreate her in 5e as most of the tool attachments are not available.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-15-16/0247:18> »
KLAUS - an old Ork who brings Weapons to the Good (Well.. Relatively speaking..) Gangers and SINless in the Barrens

I even wrote a poem...

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Barrens.                                 
Not a Ghoul was stirring, not even the sound of Sirens.                                 
The bodies were laying in the gutter, a stench in the air,                                 
The Ork ganger’s gun was broken, beyond repair..                                 

The squatters were nestled using dumpsters for beds,                                 
While BTL visions danced in their heads.                                 
The Ork needed a new gun, the one he had was crap.,                                 
It wasn’t safe to be unarmed in Redmond not even for a nap.                                 

When out on the street there arose such a clatter,                                 
He hoped it wasn’t Stilettos looking for some brains to spatter..                                 
A Red Harley-Davidson came down the street in a flash,                                 
Hauling ass down the road, looking like it would crash.                                 

As he got closer to the ganger the big bike began to slow                                 
The biker was an old Ork with a cache of weapons in tow                                 
“Crazy Old Trog!, what the Frag are you doing out here?”                                 
The ganger cursed at the old Ork with a sneer                                 

The old ork smiled and said with a laugh, you can call me “Barrens Nick”                                 
and I have a new Predator with your name on it, if you stop being such a Dick”                                 
“It has built in smartlink that’s sure to help your aim”                                 
Shooting at your enemies will never be the same       

ZIP CODE - Fat Guy Physical Adept (Changeling with Adiposis) Wall Running power, among others..

FANG - Elf Rocker (Human Looking Changeling, Striking Skin Pigmentation-Sparkles)  Has phobia of teenage girls from the numerous kidnapping attempts. (They want him to "Turn" them into a Sparkling Vampire)

RUSTY - Strait out of the CAS! Convinced he's a Decker. Has old 2050 Fairlight Excalibur. "It's got Direct Neural Interface!" Convinced the Sprites he compiles are his "Hacking Programs." 

HOLLYWOOD - See Attachment below.
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <01-15-16/0306:11> »
Made this Gang a while ago for 4th ed.

"Big Bird"
Metatype: Troll Changeling
Body 8 Agility 4(6) Reaction 5(6) Strength 8(10) Charisma 4 Intuition 4 Logic 2 Willpower 4
Edge 1 Essence 1.9 Initiative 9(10) + 1D6(2D6)
Skills: Intimidation (Physical +2) 4 Leadership 6 Etiquette (Street +2) 4 Close Combat Group 4
Survival (Urban +2) 3 Pistols (Revolvers + 2) 4 Sneaking 3 Pilot Ground Craft (Bikes +2) 2 Perception 4
Knowledge Skills: Local Area Knowledge 4(5) Seattle Street Gangs 4(5) BTL Dealers 2(3)
Drug Dealers 2(3) Criminal Organizations 2(3) Prostitution Rackets 2(3)
Language Skills English N Spanish 2
Positive Qualities: Changeling Class I Surge (Beak, Nasty Vibe) School of Hard Knocks
,Guts
Negative Qualities: Changeling Class I Surge (Yellow Feathers) Distinctive Style, Combat Monster
Signature Mild BTL Addiction Anxiety Disorder
Cyberware: Muscle Replacement-2 Wired Reflexes-1 Datajack
Armor: Armored Jacket
Weapons: Baseball Bat, Knife, Ruger Super Warhawk w/ 20 Rounds Regular Ammo,
Vehicle: Gaz-Niki Titan
Renraku Sensei (DR3) Modified for BTL/Hotsim

"Elmo"
Metatype: Dwarf Changeling
Body 5 Agility 5 Reaction 4 Strength 4 Charisma 5 Intuition 3 Logic 2 Willpower 6
Edge 2 Essence 5.45 Initiative 7 + 1D6
Skills: Pistols 4 Con 4 Etiquette (Street +2) 6 Negotiation 6 Intimidation 2 Stealth Group 5
Blades (Knives +2) 6 Pilot Ground Craft (Bike +2) 2 Perception 2
Knowledge Skills: Local Area Knowledge 2 Smuggling Routes 3 Prostitution Rackets 3 Drug Dealers 3 Street Drugs 3 Seattle Street Gangs 2
Language Skills English N Spanish 2 Sign Language 2
Positive Qualities: Changeling Class I Surge (Celerity, Keen-Eared) Ambidextrous High Pain Tolerance-1
Negative Qualities: Hypomania, Changeling Class I Surge (Neoteny, Unusual Red Hirsute Hair)
Severe Nitro Addiction, Vindictive
Cyberware: Penile Implant, Tooth Storage Compartment, Smuggling Compartment, Datajack
Armor: Lined Coat
Weapons: Cougar Fineblade Short Knife, 2x Ares Light Fire 70 Pistols w/ 2 extra clips Regular ammo
Vehicle: Gaz-Niki Wolverine
Renraku Sensei (DR3) Modified for BTL/Hotsim

Hypomania (literally, "below mania") is a mood state characterized by persistent disinhibition and pervasive elevated (euphoric) or irritable mood, as well as thoughts and behaviors that are consistent with such a mood state. It is most often associated with the bipolar spectrum. Many who are in a hypomanic state are extremely energetic, talkative, and confident. They may have a flight of ideas and feel creative. Many people also experience signature hypersexuality. While hypomania often generates productivity and creativity, it can become troublesome if the subject engages in risky behaviors. It is generally less severe than full-blown mania.

"The Count"
Metatype: Human (Vampire)
Body 4 Agility 4 Reaction 5 Strength 4 Charisma 4 Intuition 4 Logic 6 WIllpower 6
Edge 2 Magic 6 Essence 6 Initiative 9 + 2D6
Skills: Electronics Group 5, Cracking Group 6, Unarmed Combat 5 Etiquette (Street +2) 2
Perception (Visual +2) 6
Knowledge Skills: Local Area Knowledge 3, Matrix Chat Rooms 4, Seattle Street Gangs 3, Mathematics 5, Esoteric Trivia 5
Language Skills: Romanian N, English 3, Spanish 2, Sign Language 2
Positive Qualities: Adept, Analytical Mind, Chatty, Photographic Memory, Codeslinger (Data Spike)
Negative Qualities: Arithmomania, Evil Twin, Moderate Media Junkie, Reality Impaired
Adept Abilities: Analytics 4, Cloak 4, Eidetic Sense Memory, Multi-Tasking, Iron Will 4
Armor: Mortimer of London Greatcoat (Armor Rating 10)
Vehicle: Gaz-Niki Wolverine
Renraku Sensei Commlink (DR3), Trodes, Hermes Chariot Cyberdeck (5,4,4,2)

Arithmomania-is a mental disorder that may be seen as an expression of obsessive-compulsive disorder.[1] Sufferers from this disorder have a strong need to count their actions or objects in their surroundings.[2]
Sufferers may for instance feel compelled to count the steps while ascending or descending a flight of stairs or to count the number of letters in words. They often feel it is necessary to perform an action a certain number of times to prevent alleged calamities. Other examples include counting tiles on the floor or ceiling, the number of lines on the highway, or simply the number of times one breathes or blinks.

"Cookie Monster"

Metatype: Ork Changeling
Body 8(10) Agility 5(7)Reaction 5(7) Strength 7(10) Charisma 4 Intuition 2 Logic 1 Willpower 1
Edge 2 Essence 0.55 Initiative 7(9) + 1D6(2D6)
Skills: Close Combat Group 6, Firearms Group 4, Intimidation (Mental +2) 6, Etiquette (Street +2) 3
Athletics Group 4, Sneaking 4, Pilot Ground Craft (Bike +2) 2, Perception 5
Knowledge Skills: Sweet Baked Confections 6, Local Area Knowledge 3
Language Skills: English N
Positive Qualities: Changeling Class III Surge (Orge Stomach, Metagenetic Improved Body, Elongated Limbs) Ambidextrous, Genetic Heritage (Suprathyroid Gland), Guts
Negative Qualities: Changeling Class III (Adiposis, Unusual Blue Hirsute Hair, Berserker, Extravagant Eyes, Strabismus, Critter Spook) Compulsive Binge Eating, Distinctive Style
Cyberware: Muscle Replacement-2, Wired Reflexes-1, Plastic Bone Lacing, Smartlink, Internal Air Tank-1, Datajack
Bioware: Symbiotes, Dietware, Suprathyroid Gland
Armor: Armored Jacket
Weapons: Katana, Ingram Smartgun X w/ 3 extra clips regular ammo
Vehicle: Gaz-Niki Titan
Renraku Sensei Commlink (DR3) Modified for BTL/Hotsim

Strabismus (/strəˈbɪzməs/, from Greek strabismós[1]), also known as heterotropia, is a condition in which the eyes are not properly aligned with each other. It typically involves a lack of coordination between the extraocular muscles, which prevents bringing the gaze of each eye to the same point in space and thus hampers proper binocular vision, and which may adversely affect depth perception.

"Oscar the Grouch"

Metatype: Dwarf Changeling
Body 6 Agility 2 Reaction 2 Strength 4 Charisma 1 Intuition 2 Logic 2 Willpower 8 Edge 1
Magic 6 Essence 6 Initiative 4 + 1D6
Skills: Sneaking (Urban +2) 6 Sorcery Group 6, Conjuring Group 4, Perception 4,
Survival (Urban +2) 6
Knowledge Skills: Sprawl Life(Garbage +2) 6, Local Area Knowledge 3, Local Area Gangs 3, Magical Theory 4
Language Skills: English N
Positive Qualities: Changeling Class III Surge (Ogre Stomach, Metagenetic Improved Willpower,
Greasy Skin) Magician (Poisoner Toxic Shaman) Pestilent Rat Mentor Spirit
Negative Qualities: Changeling Class III Surge (Symbiosis, Unusual Green Hirsute Hair) Compulsive Hoarder, Prejudiced (Humans, Outspoken), Addiction (Pica Disorder, Moderate) Cursed-1
Spells: Turn to Goo, One Less Human, Slaughter Humans, Slay Human, Stench, Lock, Acid Stream, Toxic Wave
Foci: Manipulation Spell Sustaining Focus (Rating 3)
Permanent Squatter Lifestyle
Metalink Commlink (DR1)

Pica Disorder-is a medical disorder characterized by an appetite for substances largely non-nutritive (e.g. metal, clay, coal, sand, dirt, soil, feces, chalk, pens and pencils, paper, batteries, spoons, toothbrushes, soap, mucus, ash, gum, etc.
« Last Edit: <01-15-16/0318:00> by Bushw4cker »
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <01-16-16/0128:16> »
I'm going to  :'( if I don't get a Reply..

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-16-16/0150:06> »
Here's your reply.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #26 on: <01-16-16/0319:52> »
>.<
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #27 on: <01-21-16/2322:46> »
Back in 1e, we had a few people who played around with shapeshifters as PCs; I was one.  One fellow grabbed a tiger shapeshifter, all raawr Striper Assassin (what IS it with these people?!?), but I went with a black panther using the leopard animal as the base.  I was basically forced to come up with rules for the Leopard totem, took 'pacing' as his Centering skill (because after all, you can pace in both human and leopard form) ... he was pretty seriously cool.  I still use him on very rare occasion, when I need to drop some wise mystic knowledge on a board.  I also use his son, who didn't activate as a mage, but had adept abilities like his mother.  He was pretty kickass too, because while he wasn't full-bore Invisible Path, he was pretty damn close ...

... Doorman, an ork 'Dago Wolf' shaman with a baseball-bat weapon- and power-focus, named because of his favorite spell, Wrecker.  "Let me get that door for you!! Bam!!"
... Bubbles, a Malibu surfer-shaman with almost no brain in her head ...

Soo many more, really.  Isn't every character something of a special snowflake, after all?  :)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #28 on: <01-22-16/0237:56> »
...was just on another thread and mentioned about a character  Ihad in 3E who used to knock people out with baseballs.

She was the great great granddaughter of Mariners Ace closer, Kazuhiro Sasaki
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <01-23-16/0528:11> »
Unlucky Doug: Human Adept, with literally just a bunch of powers picked by rolling some dice and a table of powers. All attributes with 1 in what skills he had. He started as a thought experiment (How far can you push a guy with 7 Edge and 1 in all of his skills) and my table BEGGED me to play him.

Perhaps a little less on the Special Snowflake

Professor: An awakened archaeologist a la Indiana Jones. Down to the fear of snakes and the whip. But gosh was it fun to live in a shipping container with my books.