NEWS

Land of Promise - Rampant Speculation Please!

• 79 Replies

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #75 on: <09-06-12/1643:52> »
Opening fiction is excellent, as always.
I know something you all don't know ... :D

That is so cruel... To tease but not spill something...  A little bread crumb at least?  Plllllleeeeaaaasssssseeeeee!  :'(
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <09-06-12/1655:16> »
I worked on those demographics for...a while.  Sat with the old Tir Tairngire book and Shadows of North America in front of me, for a long time, looking at the numbers, fast forwarding, basing it all on what little's been written about the Tir since those days (mostly about how Puyallup's full of refugees, and how that implies other places are full of refugees, too) thinking about some classes I've taken (and taught), talking with a faculty friend that teaches Poli-Sci instead of History so he could double-check some stuff for me (who tolerated me asking for help because he's a huge Tolkien fan).  And the whole time I was thinking "I'm a dummy.  No one will notice this.  No one will care.  This is a waste of time.  Go write something, ya dork!"

Wak, brother, I love ya.

Much love to you too, amigo. Damn good job.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #77 on: <09-06-12/1712:59> »
Opening fiction is excellent, as always.
I know something you all don't know ... :D

That is so cruel... To tease but not spill something...  A little bread crumb at least?  Plllllleeeeaaaasssssseeeeee!  :'(
It's nothing terribly juicy.  I just snuck in a little wink and a nod to a friend's old PC, there in the fic. 

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <09-07-12/1332:28> »
Given that Puyallup and the Tir Border is a bit more leaky makes this sourcebook of interest as I have a collection of escapees holed up in Puyallup working on creatinga 'Nob hill' section and paying off KE to patrol the area.
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #79 on: <09-07-12/1436:20> »
Given that Puyallup and the Tir Border is a bit more leaky makes this sourcebook of interest as I have a collection of escapees holed up in Puyallup working on creatinga 'Nob hill' section and paying off KE to patrol the area.
Just remember that getting from Seattle to the Tir involves TWO border crossings. There's a nice chunk of Salish land between Puyallup and the Tir border, afterall. Also, most of the southern area of Puyallup is Tarislar, which is already home to a lot of Tir refugees and expats.

And the book says that the official border crossings are looser, but you can bet that getting through in places that aren't so 'official' is still going to be tough, and if you get caught, you're still going to get dosed with Laes and dumped naked on the other side of the border, if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, Ehran's old Paladins will be the ones to find you, instead of the Peace Force.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters