NEWS

Physical Health Spells

• 7 Replies

Beansidhe

• Newb
« on: <09-15-10/1640:36> »
I was just looking at the book and saw that both Increase and Decrease Attribute are Physical Spells.  Can you use a spell like this on a machine to increase one of its attributes? 

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-15-10/1651:44> »
No, because a) it's affecting a living subject and b) machines do not have Attributes, but ratings.

Health spells affect the condition and performance of a living body. They can be used to treat or heal injuries, purge poisons or toxins, and increase or decrease attributes.

Now, you CAN use it on a street sammie with Cyberarms to increase his Strength even above what his cyberarms are.

Beansidhe

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-15-10/1707:32> »
Thanks much FastJack.  I didn't think it would work, but just saw that and thought to ask.

Bradd

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-15-10/1739:15> »
The game does refer to many device ratings as "attributes," so it's the "living body" part that's important. Unless of course you want to argue that a vehicle is a living body with a Body attribute. ;)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <09-15-10/1755:35> »
Yeah, the vehicles do have Attributes... :P

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #5 on: <09-15-10/2244:43> »
These comments about vehicles and living bodies starts to make me wonder about casting that spell on drones or vehicles while a rigger, or technomancer, is jumped in. I know that technically you would have to cast it on the person not the vehicle, but it conjures up some interesting visuals.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <09-16-10/0032:59> »
Since the rigger isn't really IN the vehicle/drone, just very intensively connected to it, it won't work. Magic doesn't work over electrical/electronical connections.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Machiavelli

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-19-10/0410:06> »
Yeah, the vehicles do have Attributes... :P
Aaaand the rules for the movement power explictly says that the body rating of a vehicle is used in comparison with the body attribute.^^ Just my 5 cents.^^