NEWS

Forum software blocking android phones

• 4 Replies

James McMurray

• Omae
« on: <03-11-11/1601:46> »
The anti-spambot software is blocking ndroid phones. I've tried it on three different devices anf every one of them has been met with two pages of simple math to prove I'm human. Once I've done that twice (four equations total) it let's me in, but just for that session.

I don't know, but it may be because the browser's user-agent has the word "android" in it.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-11/1902:43> »
Any thoughts on how I can keep this from happening, or if the forum software can be changed so that it's not catching Android phones?

Check out our campaign.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #2 on: <03-26-11/2029:08> »
depending on device, there should be an option to not use the mobile version of websites, that could help.
also, what browser are you using on there?
if you haven't allready, try out one of the opera versions for android phones . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-26-11/2043:00> »
It happens before I get far enough into the site to not use the mobile version, and sometimes reoccurs after I've browsed the non-mobile version for a while.

I tried changing the user-agent, but that didn't help.

I've downloaded Opera and Dolphin. Hopefully one of those gets around the problem.

Check out our campaign.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #4 on: <03-27-11/0636:41> »
Good luck with that.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush