NEWS

Cyber skull and cyber eyes

• 4 Replies

Davidvs

• Chummer
« on: <08-17-14/0024:39> »
Can the cyber eyes basic set be installed in a cyber skull? If no, then how does one get stuff into a skull because the capacity is so low?

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <08-17-14/0035:04> »
Can the cyber eyes basic set be installed in a cyber skull? If no, then how does one get stuff into a skull because the capacity is so low?

I would assume that they are 2 separate things, since the Skull replaces your skull, while the Cybereyes replace your eyes. Your eyes aren't necessarily connected to your skull, they're connected to your brain. I think the capacity part of the skull is for enhancements and stuff like weapons in your skull. As far as I know, the Cyberskull and Cybereyes are two separate pieces of cyberware that don't affect each other.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-17-14/0041:14> »
Well, you have the option of paying essence for cyber eyes / ears, or using two single sensors (camera, omnidirection microphone) at capacity 1 each.

Sensor Arrays will have to wait until some kind of capacity increase.
« Last Edit: <08-17-14/0043:07> by Novocrane »

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #3 on: <08-17-14/0202:54> »
I'd say they fill different 'slots' in the head, like the others are suggesting.

Also, Novo...  Bwahahahahaha.  Out of context, that line of mine is completely horrible. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-17-14/0223:40> »
Can the cyber eyes basic set be installed in a cyber skull?
No
Cyberskull is just basically a metal plate "shell" around your head.
It does not replace your eyes, ears, brain etc. and it doesn't really come with any hidden compartments to hide stuff in.

If no, then how does one get stuff into a skull because the capacity is so low?
The capacity is there so you can enhance the skull with up to two points of armor (basically making a helmet worn on-top of your skull twice as efficient).

If you don't want to use it for armor you could still fit a commlink or an ultrasound sensor in it i guess....