Conspiracy Theories

• 121 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <11-22-11/1135:27> »
"Montreal Maple Syrup Party"
And I just found a new name for my folk/death metal band.
Just remember, they have to sing in both official languages of Canada.  English and Newfie.  ...  I meant French.  I did.  Honest.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #16 on: <11-22-11/1540:54> »
So when are the reviews going to start coming in?

I've picked up in PDF from from http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/ and have read the opening fiction.  Still keen to read the rest, but alas, this 'work' thing is getting in my way. 

Quick thoughts on the opening fiction.  Interesting stuff, but I did find it a might confusing.  Who was Fastjack talking to?

Anyways, looking forward to reading the rest of the book.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-22-11/1629:53> »

Quick thoughts on the opening fiction.  Interesting stuff, but I did find it a might confusing.  Who was Fastjack talking to?

Don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: <11-23-11/0219:18> by James Meiers »

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <11-22-11/1654:36> »
Well as far as I gather, the Bug Spirits get even more threatening...mainly because of the fallout of Crash 2.0 as Ares was experimenting on captured Queen spirits and bugs from Chicago. The Crash messed up the computer systems of the experimental sites. After a few days, Ares sent teams to recover these sites and what they found that many of Ares's top notich black ops agents were missing from those sites and the Queens got away. After that, the Bugs are suddenly more devious and infiltrating areas even more using black ops methods.

So its mainly the fault of Ares that the Bugs are coming back even as a worse threat.

Another big thing in the book is the relationship between dragons as there seems to be a dragon civil war looming due to the actions of Sirrurg and him being branded as a war criminal in the UN due to Alamaise. Alamaise also destroyed Saeder Krupp's arcology in Dubai after one of Alamaise's most trusted people got assasinated presumably under orders from Lofwyr. This ties in to Sirrurg getting kicked out of Amazonia and moving to Roswell New Mexico as Sirrurg is planning some new atrocity on the CAS to get CAS to attack Aztlan. Aztlan and CAS forces are massing on the Aztlan CAS borders.

More info on the Black Lodge and its struggles to control the world governments. The Black Lodge is a scary powerful magical group, probably the most powerful in the world. Fortunately, it is opposed by several groups most notably the Illuminates of the New Dawn who want to create a new magicla paradigm combining magic and tech and putting the metahumans on the next stage of evolution. Unfortunately these guys are preety reckless and dangerous in their experimentations. The black lodge already has influence deep in the UCAS gov. and probably many other govs. around the world but its membership seems to be anti elven. In fact, its elven membership was purged several years ago.

The main difference between the Black Lodge and the Illuminates of the New Dawn is that the Black Lodge seems to be human centric while the New Dawn is pro metahuman.

Another main one is the Corporates getting fucked...their Omega protocols were stolen...the omega protocols detail secret codes, military units and facilities which can would be used in case the corporate court decides the smash one of their members or another corp. Also Ares is starting to go down, their weapons are starting to fail along with that Bug debacle.

A lesser interesting conspiracy are that of True Vampires who supposedly have a space station on the Zurich Orbital axis. True vampries are born between the mating of two vampires. They should be exceedingly rare or even a mutation since vampires are infertile. However True Vampries are the strongest of the breed.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #19 on: <11-22-11/1904:20> »
It was Hestaby that was speaking out against Sirrurg at the UN.

But yes, the rest of that is right. Hestaby's interpreter was assassinated, and she went buckwild on some SK properties (though she made sure the facilities had time to evacuate before obliterating them). Ares is falling to pieces, in no small part due to Knight thinking he can control the bugs, and being very, very wrong. The bugs are getting smarter, and are adapting. The Corporate Court's 'football' has been compromised, and there's all kinds of crazy going down with the dragons, artifacts, and the always tense relations between the Azzies and, well, everyone.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <11-22-11/2013:21> »
*Blinks*  Must.  Have.

On the bright side, Christmas is coming early, so I'll be able to get soon.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <11-22-11/2013:33> »
So its mainly the fault of Ares that the Bugs are coming back even as a worse threat.
It's been their fault repeatedly because they kept half-assing the job in Chicago, which only culled the weak.

Damocles and the Wall going up was one thing, but Operation: Extermination was a joke.
« Last Edit: <11-22-11/2015:04> by James Meiers »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <11-22-11/2016:16> »
It's been their fault repeatedly because they kept half-assing the job in Chicago, which only culled the weak.
They're soldiers, not exterminators...  How the hell were they supposed to know it would only make them immune to that kind of toxin?  :P

No, you need to call the Ghostbusters when you have bugs that big.  "Someone saw a Cockroach up on twelfth."  "That's some Cockroach."  "Bite your head off, man."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <11-22-11/2058:45> »
Forgot:

Shows the Aftermath of the fiction in Artifacts Unbound....well everybody survived except for Aina Dupree. Maybe she is kaput since she absorbed the blast of the rift.

So Ghostwalker has the Sextant, the map and all of the other artifacts...in Conspiracy theories...the other main groups are still looking for them and looks like they won't get it.

Good luck trying to retrieve them from Ghost walker.

Interesting seems like Sirrurg has the coin of luck.

If I were to make a prediction, looks like Sirrurg might get offed. The dragon is a loose cannon, one that the dragons cannot afford to have.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <11-22-11/2100:25> »
Offing a Great...  Makes for a bad precedent amongst the immortals.  One I don't think they'd like at all.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <11-22-11/2127:34> »
True offing one of the great dragons is actually a major topic in the book since it will bring the Great Dragons together to retailiate against everyone else...unfortunately when one of their number(sirrurg) is acting like a mad dog and killing everyone else,,I think they will make an exception.

Hestaby's speech in the UN was a strike against Sirrurg..I think its her way of saying that Sirrurg went too far.

Yeah the Great dragons are powerful, however are the Great dragons powerful enough to take on All the major countries, the Corporate Court, and the other conspiracies combined?

Maybe but the whole earth would be destroyed in the process...something that the Great Dragons do not want.

As for the CAS, looks like they are itching for a war with Aztlan...the CAS said that any strike by Sirrurg on the CAS will be blamed on Aztlan.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <11-22-11/2346:23> »
And that's ignoring the Immortal Elves, who hate dragons with a passion.

Even Harley and Dunkie who got along were of the idea, "I might have to kill him someday..."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #27 on: <11-23-11/0208:01> »
I wouldn't say that the Great Dragons and the Immortal Elves hate eachother with a passion. More like they are two groups of immortal schemers who have plans over the long term that may work at cross purposes. They are all ruthless, and would not hesitate to try and undermine or eliminate a rival if they got in the way of their own plans, but that isn't the same thing as hate. If there is one thing a schemer dislikes above all others, it is an element beyond their control.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <11-23-11/0812:04> »
I remember, back in the day, (that's right kiddies, it's story time!) when I first started tooling around with Shadowrun (1st Edition, of course), my first character was a Human PhysAdept that had discovered, on his own, the elven Paths through initiation. He planned on taking a trip to Tír na nÓg to let them know he was on the Path of the Rígh (although not as a protector of the Tír).

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #29 on: <11-23-11/1539:44> »
So... how many of these 'conspiracis' can you link into one massive cinemanic story?

[spoiler]We have Sirrug causing mathem, Hestaby speaking out publicly and then getting into a (fake?) fight with Lowfry... Aztlan is causing trouble as well, and the most powerful (potentially) tool for keeping the peace, the Corporate Court, just lost their ability to act fast.  Throw in a more organised 'body snatchers' version of the bugs, who may or may not be getting close to taking control of... hmmm... Ares (and maybe they stole the 'football' and are trying to set Dragon against Dragon?)

I think the Dragons are playing things so that they can somehow 'teach' Aztlan a lesson... They may have even organised the 'football's' disappearance... perhaps via S-K.  Lowfry looks like his had a falling out with Hestiby and thus distance himself from the attack on Aztlan while still supporting it.  And the rest of the corp court can only sit by while the info in the 'football' is used to obliterate one of their own.[/spoiler]

Note: so far only up to the 'football' chapter...  Very nice...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P