NEWS

Order of St Sylvester Stats for 5ed

• 6 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <06-25-18/0342:23> »
Hi all,

is there a book (maybe a mission) somewhere with sample stats for member of the Order of St Sylvester? I will be happy to not have to come up with those :)

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <06-25-18/1359:43> »
I could be entirely wrong, but I always envisioned these guys as mostly closer to shadowrunners rather than corporate security.  That is, the key agents being quite individual, specialized in their own way, rather than relying on a mass of interchangeable, similarly equipped, forces.  Not that they won't have some 'security' level forces, but that those wouldn't be the ones you encounter out in the field so much.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-25-18/1412:17> »
Personally, I saw them more like "modern time templar", but I fail to translate that into a set of interesting stats. I could build them as regular Shadowrunner, but where would be the fun for the PCs? I would rather have them having some weird capacity (like the one of Forbidden Arcana) and thus present an interesting, new challenge for my PCs...

And I was hoping for the job to be already done :)

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <06-25-18/1619:32> »
Ah, can't help you there.  I've had a pair of them show up in my games a few times, but they were mostly just an adept and low key sammie with a lot of extra karma accumulated to make them intimidatingly competent.  They were more of an investigative unit who would hire local talent for local knowledge and transport while they looked into whatever it was on that job (was the bombing of a church during Christmas Eve service an attack on the Church, or merely vile and violent?  Checking the state of certain church properties in the Chicago CZ where rumour had it that there had been ... incidents.  )

'Marco' was the mundane, and we could never remember the adept's name so he's just 'and the other guy' now (which led to him having the bland quality and some tweaking of his adept abilities towards more social stealth.)  Both of them had quite high levels in theology and magic theory (Catholic). 

Sorry that I don't have more for you.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-25-18/1636:55> »
No problem and thanks for the replies!

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-29-18/0357:13> »
I actually found some stats (for 4th) in Artifacts Unbound! :)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <08-23-18/1825:18> »
Just remember that the actual Order of St. Sylvester is essentially a group that investigates whether or not a claimed miracle is an actual miracle or 'just' magic.  Because they go a lot of places, though, the group gets used as cover for the New Jesuit Order (a blasphemy if ever I saw one), the Templars, etc. etc.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.