NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <08-03-12/1242:17> »
Ares or Aztlan.

If it's for the online plot, then I'm going with Ares, fighting half human half insect creatues is more catchy and easier to hook new people on than all of Aztechnology/Aztlan's angles.

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #16 on: <08-05-12/0249:44> »
SOTA 2073 has got Hestaby's speech about Sirrug tearing up Aztlan.  This is the same dragon who downed an entire jetliner for the hell of it.

Those wyrms gotta butt heads eventually, omae.
"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <08-05-12/0315:01> »
SOTA 2073 has got Hestaby's speech about Sirrug tearing up Aztlan.  This is the same dragon who downed an entire jetliner for the hell of it.
I thought it was to get one guy on the plane?

Someone that was possibly one of the dragonslayers during the "Down Time", or a Dragon in disguise?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #18 on: <08-05-12/0358:42> »
Well, at least he didn't murder the shit out a few hundred people at 40,000 feet for no good reason, eh?

Sirrug....what a fragging guy......  It's like someone crossed Chuck Norris with the honey badger.
"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-05-12/0403:08> »
Well, at least he didn't murder the shit out a few hundred people at 40,000 feet for no good reason, eh?

Sirrug....what a fragging guy......  It's like someone crossed Chuck Norris with the honey badger.

You know...I kind of like Sirrug and Aden. All the other Dragons try to play nice..when these guys do something..
Nice is not in their vocabulary. Frankly, they are important because people get so used to the idea of Dragons
sitting around, teaching classes in college, running their corporations...sometimes, you just gotta be able to show
someone what the Wizwyrms are REALLY Capable of when they set their Will to it, you know?

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-05-12/0520:01> »
Killing everyone from advancing genetic defects with a whisper and an exertion of will in a a kilometer+ radius isn't exactly my idea of a lesson or warning, that is my idea of starting a war. Nuke him out of the sky, he deserves it.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #21 on: <08-05-12/0536:07> »
Killing everyone from advancing genetic defects with a whisper and an exertion of will in a a kilometer+ radius isn't exactly my idea of a lesson or warning, that is my idea of starting a war. Nuke him out of the sky, he deserves it.

:o
Are you kidding? Use a nuke, and he might actually get ANGRY!!!
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #22 on: <08-05-12/0658:40> »

He is not starting it. In his POV, he is fighting the war that was already started by AZT...

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #23 on: <08-05-12/0706:40> »
I'm not sure his wrong in thinking AZT started it.

He just took it to a new level, old school style.  Its obvious that Sirrug does follow the ROE approach.  His more of a WWII Dresden type of fellow.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <08-05-12/0717:41> »
Well, I think in his mind, the proto-Olmec people, not Aztechnology, started this war. Circa 4000 BCE.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <08-05-12/0844:09> »
I think that, ultimately, the fact that Aztechnology provoked the dragons with the execution/sacrifice of a dragon can't really be called the reason for Sirrurg's actions, but more accurately described as the excuse.

The one that the Sixth World calls Sirrurg was known in the Fourth Age as Usun, and to the dragons in both eras as Vast Green. Vast Green is a dragon supremacist. He believes that the dragons should be ruling the other races, or else exterminate them. He's wanted nothing more for the last ten thousand years than to raze (meta)human civilization to the ground and preside over the ashes, but this was forbidden by the Dragon Council, so barring that he'll settle for killing any that he can get away with killing and he's not in the least particular about who.

In the Fourth Age, having been forbidden by the decision of the dragon majority from acting on his desire for dragon domination and being loyal enough to dragonkind to obey it, he hid away in a jungle and ate anyone who came near him. He only took interest in outside events when it seemed that there might be a war in the offing, so he could take the opportunity to attack metahumans in a sanctioned action. In the Sixth World, the authority of the Council seems to have waned somewhat, and he's slipped his leash.

When Sirrurg was helping Hualpa and the Amazonians take over Brazil, there were frequent complaints about him attacking friendly forces and civilians, apparently just because he felt like it. One suspects that he was more interested in the excuse to attack a human nation than in doing Hualpa a favor. When Sirrurg attacked that flight, yes he was hunting one of the downcycle hunters, but he chose to attack at the location where it was all but certain to cause massive loss of innocent life... where, in fact, the one he had set out to kill was the only one with a chance to survive! (If a plane is going down, a mage can use Levitate to escape. Everyone else is screwed.) Now in Aztlan he kills an entire population of unarmed civilians with a sadistic death spell, apparently for no other reason than because he can.

Sirrurg lives by the law of the jungle. Heck, to the natives of the Liaj Jungle where he used to lair, he was the jungle made manifest: uncaring and capricious death, devoid of any delusions of morality or mercy, allowing only the strong to survive. Sirrurg might be currently aimed at Aztlan because of this latest offense, or their use of blood magic, or some tie to ancient Thera. But what he does is what he's wanted to do to all of us since the distant past: wipe us off the face of the Earth. And I'll bet anything that he's having fun.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-05-12/0936:59> »

Note: One can like a villian without liking what he does. I mean, heck...I am a bit of a Lex Luthor fan, and one of the big guys
on the BattleTech forum is a Darkseid fan. Just because someone is "Not a Nice Guy" does not mean one cannot like him.
I like him, not because of some premise that he has some sort of agenda or such that he will stop at nothing to exact...
I like him because he has scared the brown stuff out of Aztechnology so much they are trying to develop an Anti-Dragon
weapon just because of him.

Over the years, we have had too much of Dunkelzahn being a people oriented Dragon, Ghostwalker launching powerful,
surgical strikes, then setting up shop and doing nothing(that we know of), or Lofwyr running a corp, dragons teaching at
colleges, setting up shop in small fiefdoms, etc. What we are seeing now is something that, while horrendous, is a case of,
for once, the story-telling letting Dragons get to...show JUST what they can do. After all, Pobre and Aztechnology/Aztlan
can take it...Nice to see a dragon cutting loose for a change...we have not seen that since Aden and Tehran. Even Ghostwalker's
taking over Denver was restricted and had a feeling of it being "Yeah, look at this awesome power! But, you just know
he is holding back."

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #27 on: <08-05-12/1108:09> »
The problem is, that there just aren't enough of the Dragons to make them a threat. Not to the world.

The greats are badass, but we Can and Have taken them down. And if Sirrug where to actually be attacking anyone but the most hated country/corp in the world then I'm sure there would be plenty of groups/nations/corps willing to pound him into the ground. It wouldn't take but One maybe two Thor shots to scrub him cleanly off the planet. Or a horizon distance barrage from some warships, or a few wings of attack choppers...... etc etc

We need More dragons for them to be seen as an actual enemy. Right now they are so few they can't threaten the population of the world. Which is why we are fine to see them as "Presidents, CEO's and teachers".

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY  like the dragons. I Want more of them. They need numbers to be able to defend themselves as a species, especially if the aztecs get that portal open for the Horrors early. And I think that may finally be happening, the greats waking up and realizing that the Lesser races now Can wipe them out so they might want to start padding their numbers.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <08-05-12/1134:25> »
The greats are badass, but we Can and Have taken them down.
Out of curiosity, when have metahumans killed a great dragon? Dunkelzhan killed himself, Alamais was believed killed by orbital lasers and turned out to not really be dead, and I can't think of any other greats who've died since the Awakening.

Great dragons can be killed, but it would basically take a military-level quantity of force. And it won't be easy or clean. It's not just their physical capabilities, after all... they're also some of the world's most powerful magicians. They can use invisibility to hide from those Thor shots and cruise missiles until they launch their attacks. They can take metahuman form and mix with the population. I think we'd win eventually, but they'd do a lot of damage on their way down.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-05-12/1230:12> »
Firewings being shot down over the SOX is the usual one pointed to, and insid ethe game world the terrorist bombers that got President Dunklezahn (Even if we know better). Nightmaster went down in a deathduel with Lofwyr.

That's it for dead Greats, but a few lesser dragons have been killed here and there.

I'm waiting for Clutch of Dragons myself. I want to see what Arleesh is up to, for instance! She's not as quiet as Sirrug, but pretty close.At least Schwartzkoff is at a public university, so he's *findable*, but... man.