NEWS

Sooo... drum mags?

• 2 Replies

The other Bandit

• Newb
« on: <01-01-14/0607:32> »
Hello fellow chummers!

I was browsing through the new Gun H(e)aven 3 file and fund a guy moaning about the new Ares Sigma 3. Something about it being hard to reload in the middle of a fight, needing a winding tool or somesuch. Whats that all about? Whats so hard about popping out the spent drum and fidgeting in a new one? Takes me less than three seconds.

In gameterms:

I just have the german rulebook handy and just today found a sidebar telling me that there seem to be two different types of drum magazine fed weapons.

First kind ist your typical revolver:  Just open the build in ammo drum and throw in the fresh ammo, either one by one by hand or with a speed loader
Second kind is the detachable drum magazine: Similar to a regular ammo clip just drop the empty drum out of the weapon (complex action) and pull out a fresh one (complex action to put it in)

In german the shorthand in the tables is different too, the first kind is  #(tr), the second kind is #(t)

Anyone else noticed this? Can anyone with the english rulebook tell me how it is differentiated in english?

Oh and happy new years everyone!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <01-01-14/0619:03> »
That'd be Cylinders vs Drums.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

The other Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-01-14/0737:58> »
Nice, thats what I was looking for!

Thanks!