NEWS

cyber limbs question regarding character creation

• 37 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <02-09-11/1447:54> »
@Morg
I wondered that nobody came up with that CZ on the first page...
Now think about a Fomori Changeling (with Metagenetic Qualities as Geneware) with genetic optimization in all his Attributes. And than -6 Essence as CZ and customized full body replacements. Okay the guy would cost as much as an Army itself, but he would be the Bad Ass!

And a cherry on the top: Redlining! (see AU, p. 44)
 8)

Edit: If you prefer a more freaky way replace the Fomori with a Centaur and give him 6-cyberarms...

Ah, Binky still lives, I see...
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <02-09-11/1837:08> »
Ah, Binky still lives, I see...
Ofcource, there aren't exactly that many thinks that could hurt Binky.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #32 on: <02-12-11/1606:36> »
Might be a stupid question, but customized cyberlimbs, you don't need a cybertorso to go over three, but you can only build them up to your base stats?  Like, you can't be a STR 3 person and have an STR 5 custom cyberarm?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-12-11/1846:03> »
Might be a stupid question, but customized cyberlimbs, you don't need a cybertorso to go over three, but you can only build them up to your base stats?  Like, you can't be a STR 3 person and have an STR 5 custom cyberarm?
No, you can custom it up to your racial maximum and then you can enchant it up to +3 with-out cyber torso.
so a normal human can have a custom cyber arm with stats 6/6/6 with-out spending any capasity and then he can enchant those stats up to 9/9/9,he would need a cyber torso to rase any of those to 10(if the 9 wasn't already the augmented max)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <02-12-11/1908:34> »
Really?  Hmm...okay, I was wondering about that, I was under the impression that it was supposed to match, I guess, to avoid overstressing the body.  Might make a house rule.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <02-12-11/2331:10> »
Customized means that they built the limbs to match your body's meat design, so your body can work with the limb's ability scores a lot easier. Standard limbs are "off-the-rack", so they don't work with your body, creating stress if you try to do too much with them without having support added as well.

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <02-12-11/2349:59> »
That makes sense.  Didn't think of it that way.  Thanks.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #37 on: <02-13-11/0239:37> »
Customized means that they built the limbs to match your body's meat design, so your body can work with the limb's ability scores a lot easier. Standard limbs are "off-the-rack", so they don't work with your body, creating stress if you try to do too much with them without having support added as well.

I don't like the idea of customized meaning custom fit to a person.  That's more of a Deltaware thing.
I'd prefer Custom Purposed. 

So, getting a regular arm is cheap and common, because that limb was designed to replace a normal person's limb for normal use.
A customized limb is a niche market item created for specific uses.  A surgeon's hand with extremely nuanced articulations for example.
Or even just security stuff.  Nothing says bodyguard like huge beefy cyberarms.