NEWS

Next book to get

• 18 Replies

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« on: <03-04-11/1007:08> »
I'm gonna order another book this weekend just wondering what I should get.  I have augmentation, arsenal, street magic, unwired, the runners companion, and seattle 2072.  Any suggestions?
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <03-04-11/1053:28> »
SIXTH WORLD ALMANAC

I cannot stress how awesome this book is (even with the few flaws, it still gives a great "world view").

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <03-04-11/1116:46> »
I wouldn't argue with FastJack, as it's great to show the whole history to a group, even if they never leave the UCAS for another country.

But as for which book, depends on your group too much to really be able to suggest.  I do, however, swear by Runner's Companion as useful for almost every group, if for nothing else than the Lifestyle Rules.

The rest of it is good for people that don't know the universe that well, or are used to only Fantasy RPGs, and need to get a feel for Cyberpunk/Dungeonpunk/WhateverthehellShadowrunis.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <03-04-11/1225:57> »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <03-04-11/1252:11> »
Shadowrun Missions Adventures :)
So, how does it feel to be a corporate shill, Bull?  Got an office with your name on the door and a nice desk?  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-04-11/1306:49> »
So, how does it feel to be a corporate shill, Bull?  Got an office with your name on the door and a nice desk?  :P

Office? Hell, we didn't even give him an e-mail address with his name on it.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <03-04-11/1326:08> »
So, Bull, which Corporation do want to get extracted to in order to get some respect?  I know a few guys...   :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-04-11/1329:21> »

Ask most folks, I've been a corporate shill for about 15 years now.  *shrug*

But hey, in this case, I wrote the first two Season 4 Missions (04-00 currently out, and 04-01 which will hopefully be out within the next week or so).  And, well, I do Dev the Missions line, so...  It's in my own interest to pimp this. :)

But yeah, as Jason points out, the best I got is the same generic SRMissions@shadowrun4.com email address that the previous Missions Devs used, a little bit of input into one small facet of the SR universe, and a really small, crappy check once every few months. :) 

Plus, a certain amount of pride at seeing products that me and my team work really hard on get published.  :)

Bull

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-04-11/1331:04> »
So, Bull, which Corporation do want to get extracted to in order to get some respect?  I know a few guys...   :P

Hrmmm...  I always saw myself wearing an Ares logo. :)  Though I wouldn't be adverse to working for the Big Gold Wyrm either.  Does S-K have an Amish Branch out in the Orwell-Middlefield, Ohio area?

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-04-11/1704:46> »
Hrmmm...  I always saw myself wearing an Ares logo. :)  Though I wouldn't be adverse to working for the Big Gold Wyrm either.  Does S-K have an Amish Branch out in the Orwell-Middlefield, Ohio area?

You think the Germans want to do anything that'll violate Swiss neutrality? ;)
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <03-04-11/2106:27> »
well looks like its the almanac then, not really looking for adventures just yet

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <03-04-11/2130:37> »
The history bit in it is perfect for players that don't know the universe that well, and was educational even for experienced fellows like myself.

And, if your players want their PCs to come from somewhere other than North America, well, there you go as well.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-04-11/2154:41> »
Sounds like a fluff book is a good pick.

Sixth World Almanac - Good: Good overview of the Shadowrun timeline and history.  Good for info on various locations.  Bad: A few really bad editing mistakes with a couple sidebars.

Corporate Guide - Good: Good rundown on the AAA corps, the history, important key players in corporate settings, the various corporate cultures, etc.  Bad: Not a ton of content for veterans and older players, but the shadowtalk was fun.

Vice - Good: Rundown on the major crime syndicates and larger gangs.  Lot of plot seeds for GMs.  Nice update since Tempo shook things up in the underworld.

Running Wild - Good: Mix of crunch and fluff on the animal kingdom, more crunch then fluff.  Also goof info for Biodrones, Great Dragons, Infected, Techonocritters, Ghosts, and a few others.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #13 on: <03-07-11/1616:08> »
I'd get 6th World Almanac or Vice, more leaning towards Vice.

How much do you and your players know about the setting?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <03-07-11/1808:11> »
I'd get 6th World Almanac or Vice, more leaning towards Vice.

How much do you and your players know about the setting?

I know a good amount most of the players are new to shadowrun