NEWS

Street Magic reprint?

• 20 Replies

Mordoyh

• Newb
« on: <10-28-10/0948:07> »
Hello,
It was announced that there was a street date of 10-27-10 for a reprinting of Street Magic with errata incorporated, page number references updated, and some new stuff.  Was this delayed?  Or, where is it available?  I got some money that some one cast Hot Potato on me, and I got to spend it!  (I knew I shouldn't carry coin!)

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-29-10/1309:53> »
Hello,
It was announced that there was a street date of 10-27-10 for a reprinting of Street Magic with errata incorporated, page number references updated, and some new stuff.  Was this delayed?  Or, where is it available?  I got some money that some one cast Hot Potato on me, and I got to spend it!  (I knew I shouldn't carry coin!)

Should be out and about--check with your FLGS. Should also be available on the Battleshop once we get one niggling little bug out of the way.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <10-29-10/1343:01> »
Hello,

Should be out and about--check with your FLGS. Should also be available on the Battleshop once we get one niggling little bug out of the way.

Jason H.
Damn those Ant Trueform Spirits!

Mordoyh

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-29-10/1407:02> »
Er.....what's a FLGS? ???

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Mordoyh

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-29-10/1414:15> »
Friendly Local Gaming Store.

Thanks!

Mordoyh

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-29-10/1425:38> »
I wonder if this is the one now showing up on Battlecorp.com as a print and PDF combo?  Item  CAT26001c ?  While it would be awesome to have the PDF while waiting on the hard copy, still might like to save the cash and just get the print copy only.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-29-10/1457:20> »
I wonder if this is the one now showing up on Battlecorp.com as a print and PDF combo?  Item  CAT26001c ?  While it would be awesome to have the PDF while waiting on the hard copy, still might like to save the cash and just get the print copy only.

That's the one--I've pinged the people in charge of Battleshop inventory, so hopefully a book-only option should be available shortly.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Mordoyh

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <10-29-10/1651:53> »

That's the one--I've pinged the people in charge of Battleshop inventory, so hopefully a book-only option should be available shortly.

Jason H.

No worries.  Since it's got updated and new material in it, I had to order the book & PDF combo deal because I am impatient and can't wait for delivery!  Also that Hot Potato spell was making it difficult to hold onto all that coin.  PDF's look great on my iPad as well.

MJBurrage

• Newb
  • Running shadows since 2050
« Reply #9 on: <10-30-10/0358:03> »
What about a new download for those of us who purchased a PDF of Street Magic previously ?

P.S. What about a new download for those of us who purchased a PDF of Sixth World Almanac previously ? (Since there is now apparently a version with at least the date side-bars fixed)

P.P.S. Why do download links expire anyway ?  I also purchase from SJG, and they have a "Library" link that allows you to download any book you've bought with no link expiration date, and the links automatically update if the PDF is revised.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #10 on: <10-30-10/1624:43> »
What about a new download for those of us who purchased a PDF of Street Magic previously ?

P.S. What about a new download for those of us who purchased a PDF of Sixth World Almanac previously ? (Since there is now apparently a version with at least the date side-bars fixed)

P.P.S. Why do download links expire anyway ?  I also purchase from SJG, and they have a "Library" link that allows you to download any book you've bought with no link expiration date, and the links automatically update if the PDF is revised.

I dunno why Battlecorp has these issues, RPGNow/DriveThruRPG allows free downloads of updated printings, and no time limits on their download links. I think Paizo does too.

-k

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #11 on: <10-31-10/0122:08> »
The newest Street Magic Printing - on the contents/info page - should it read "revised 5th printing" or what? How can we tell the older versions from the new one?
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #12 on: <11-01-10/0013:58> »
Alas, this is why I get most of my PDFs from DriveThruRPG instead of BattleCorp. I'll usually order from BattleCorps if I have a gift cert or if it's BC-Only material. I've had one too many hard drives fail on me and lose all my PDFs, then have to buy them again because the link expired on BC.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-01-10/1319:51> »
Alas, this is why I get most of my PDFs from DriveThruRPG instead of BattleCorp. I'll usually order from BattleCorps if I have a gift cert or if it's BC-Only material. I've had one too many hard drives fail on me and lose all my PDFs, then have to buy them again because the link expired on BC.

Or you could e-mail customer service, let them know your hard drive crashed, and they'll activate a few more downloads. Sure, it would be nice if it was a permanent option, but I can't complain.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <11-01-10/1402:17> »

Or you could e-mail customer service, let them know your hard drive crashed, and they'll activate a few more downloads. Sure, it would be nice if it was a permanent option, but I can't complain.
Hmm... I can't remember if I emailed them or not, but it wasn't that I didn't have enough downloads, but that the link expired. For instance, I just picked up the Field Report: CCAF with the voucher from last week. I ordered it and downloaded it on the 25th, and the link expired on the 30th. Now, if I go to my DriveThruRPG page, I can go through all my orders and download them up to five times. I just prefer DriveThru's method over expired links.

Before it goes further, I'd like to say I *LOVE* BattleCorps, except for in this one regard. If the links never expired, I might order more from there.