NEWS

[OOC] A Street Legends for VU93 Posters?

• 175 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #15 on: <01-03-12/1834:02> »
Just as a suggestion, if you want someone to write up someone else's character, the person whose character it is should first write the character up.  The person who controls/uses the IC writer can then rewrite it, putting their 'stamp' upon it, but the final product should definitely should be approved -- or shut down -- by the character owner.

As for me, well -- I am leery about submitting any of my several old PCs, primarily because I don't want to put them out there, then have to take them back, as it were.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #16 on: <01-03-12/1840:38> »
Oh, there was no doubt in my mind that character profiles would have to be approved by their owners. And it's your choice if you don't want to. :)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-03-12/1921:52> »
My questions are more legal than preferential.  By preference, I think it'd be fun -- and good practice.  I'm not sure of the legal hoops.

All you freelancers, &c. -- if you write something here, what's required for you to bring it into SR canon via a product?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #18 on: <01-03-12/1935:41> »
Unless someone from Catalyst ask for it, none of this is canon and all characters should belong to their creators. I don't work for Catalyst nor am I freelancer for them. It's a fan made project but Bull maybe can confirm this. :P
-Smiley

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #19 on: <01-03-12/1942:50> »
I'm not certain I grok the question.

If you're asking "If I write it up here, will i be able to use it in canon later as a freelancer?" then the answer is, yes, though as with everything else it's subject to revision and change from the line developer and editors.  Assuming Jason lets you use them, of course. 

if you're asking "if I post this here, can CGL use it?" the answer is no. 

And as a note, I'll likely use Bull the Ork Decker as the author for Chaos and Mac, when i write them up.

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #20 on: <01-03-12/1949:27> »
Yeah, I think he was worried that if one of his character was getting written on here, that he was wavering his rights on that character.
-Smiley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #21 on: <01-03-12/2016:52> »
VU93 is canon thanks to Missions.  Of course, considering who is in charge of them, that's hardly surprising, is it?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <01-03-12/2042:05> »
Almost every official forum has something in them, somewhere, that says that anything posted on them becomes the property of so-and-so.  I don't see that particularly terminology anywhere in the TOS, but it may be buried somewhere else, dunno. 

Anyway, that legal speak is there generally to protect the companies ass.  If you write up "Night Steel the bad Ass Street Samurai" on the forums, and then a year or two later a character gets used in SR Fiction named Night Steel, that little legal notice basically means you can't sue them.  because things like names and concepts tend to come and go, and similarities are bound to crop up. 

CGL wouldn't condone lifting a character from the forums and using it without permission.  Same goes for story concepts or anything else.  But, in the case of similarities, they need to be legally covered.

And yes, VU93 is now canon :)  However, I haven't used any of the personalities from here.  Yet.  Maybe I'll do another review contest here in the near future, with prizes being a guest appearance in the fiction. :)

Bull

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-03-12/2135:59> »
This answers my question.

In which case, yes, I'd be glad to write the character up.  I won't say by whom, though.  Muahahaha.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #24 on: <01-03-12/2332:57> »
Alright, a small update for those who wants their characters written by someone else. That's the way I think it will  go smoothly, but since I made a point in involving as much people as possible, I'd like to have your input on this. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Also, going back in VU93 history, is there any character that should be there? Just so I can contact his owner about it.
« Last Edit: <01-03-12/2343:22> by Smiley »
-Smiley

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #25 on: <01-04-12/0209:05> »
I'm happy to have someone else write up Madre. It'll be interesting to see how other PC's view her from what she posts in VU93 and how she interacts with them.  ;D

What I would like to know is...how will you decide who writes about who?
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #26 on: <01-04-12/0422:29> »
I'm also fine with someone else writing up Iceblade. I'll work on pulling together all the info I have on him.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #27 on: <01-04-12/0803:10> »
When we get a bunch of characters, we can all put our preferences. Which characters you'd like to write and we'll see. Maybe mud wrestling?  ;D
-Smiley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #28 on: <01-04-12/1135:31> »
Need more hot Elven or Ork chicks for that.  ;)

Also, I'd insist that Bull up the resolution of the VU93 if we do that, otherwise the mud will look really, really bad.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #29 on: <01-04-12/1147:35> »
Haha! But more seriously I'll probably end up giving first choices to others or find a way to randomize things.
-Smiley