NEWS

Jacksonville based PbP game. (Backups Needed)

• 251 Replies

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <05-11-14/2358:03> »
So you said that you want the characters to fit well with each other and have a good motivation for entering the shadows, do you have any kind of motivation in particular that you want to work with in the story?  Or kind of story you want to tell?  Little guys making the hood a better place, making the hood THEIR place, anything in between?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Sehkmet

« Reply #31 on: <05-12-14/0030:56> »
So basically, we're in the Confederation of American States!  Nice!

Well, gents, we could all say we're family members.  What race does everyone plan on being?

Edit: Actually, I rather be a street Sam with a cyber torso/cyber legs (heavily underused cyberlimbs you rarely see) with lots of added toys/gadgets.
« Last Edit: <05-12-14/0039:58> by Sehkmet »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #32 on: <05-12-14/1131:52> »
We're looking at the Jacksonville, Florida area, folks.
Is that for reasons based in SR, or RL? I also have very little knowledge of the area.

i used to live there back in the day, and i have a lot of knowledge of the area.
Due to all the bridges, it's really segmented and "neighborhood-y".
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Nimbasa

• Chummer
  • To pray is to accept defeat
« Reply #33 on: <05-12-14/1153:16> »
We're looking at the Jacksonville, Florida area, folks.
Is that for reasons based in SR, or RL? I also have very little knowledge of the area.

i used to live there back in the day, and i have a lot of knowledge of the area.
Due to all the bridges, it's really segmented and "neighborhood-y".
Born in Orlando, dunno how much that'll help me though, but Jacksonville sounds interesting.
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <05-12-14/1248:52> »
Been thinking about it and here's the characters i want.
Note: these are personality archetypes and can fit any type of character you'd like to make.

1- the old vet. he's been in shadows since before fuckever and is completely disillusioned to the idea that anyone can make a difference. He's fallen on hard times recently.
2- the new man. His whole life up until now has been focused toward a single point and now that point is impossible/meaningless/whatever. It's time to start a new life in the shadows.
3- the buster sword. Full of youth and vigor and idealism. Has no idea of his own limits and lives by his heart.
4- the secret shame. Something happened or you did something no one can know about. ever.
5- the golden boy. Mommy and daddy paid for everything, and if the shit REALLY hits the fan, you know they'll bail you out.
6- the professional. You have one skill worth paying for, and though you hate doing it for money, you hate starving even more.

it should be noted you can feel free to substitute whatever gender pronoun you'd like for any of the ones presented here.
« Last Edit: <05-12-14/1300:13> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-12-14/1253:46> »
3- the buster sword. Full of youth and vigor and idealism. Has no idea of his own limits and lives by his heart.

This seems like a perfect fit for my archemist.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Nimbasa

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <05-12-14/1301:35> »

5- the golden boy. Mommy and daddy paid for everything, and if the shit REALLY hits the fan, you know they'll bail you out.

Think this one fits my decker nicely, he's a wisecracking rich-kid who knows his way around a cyberdeck and his parents' money.
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <05-12-14/1316:27> »
I'm also quite partial to non-humans.
Not sayin "don't play a human"
just sayin "lets try to mix it up a bit."

and whoever plays my favorite race gets invisible bonuses that neither you nor anyone else will ever know about.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Nimbasa

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <05-12-14/1318:49> »
I'm also quite partial to non-humans.
Not sayin "don't play a human"
just sayin "lets try to mix it up a bit."

and whoever plays my favorite race gets invisible bonuses that neither you nor anyone else will ever know about.

Hope you like orks then!
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-12-14/1324:43> »
The Archemist was designed as a troll but I've given a lot of thought to trying it as an ork myself. Hmm.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <05-12-14/1347:04> »
its not necessarily ork.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-12-14/1403:42> »
Oh, I know, I was just saying.  Being able to drop meta to C for ork opens up a nice priority boost for something else.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-12-14/1411:04> »
Oh, I know, I was just saying.  Being able to drop meta to C for ork opens up a nice priority boost for something else.
if it works for you, do it.
Personally, i can't do a character with only 1 edge.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-12-14/1422:42> »
I know what you mean, but I forgot to mention the "glaring weakness" and needs a group part. This guy has both unlucky and gremlins 2 as negative qualities, plus simsense vertigo. Part of his schtick is never relying on "luck", having a trick or two prepared for anything he thinks could come up through alchemy and the least techy gear he can get. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #44 on: <05-12-14/1428:31> »
2- the new man. His whole life up until now has been focused toward a single point and now that point is impossible/meaningless/whatever. It's time to start a new life in the shadows.

I'm claiming this one, and I'm going to work up either a rigger or a mage. Looking at the character submissions so far, we tend to be lacking in those two areas.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>