NEWS

Jacksonville based PbP game. (Backups Needed)

• 251 Replies

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <05-11-14/1945:14> »
Fair enough.  I somewhat misunderstood where you were going with this.
The street rat concept kinda falls apart when you have the normal resources at hand at chargen so I'm thinking more in the line of a collage kid that got thrown out for cheating/being found in bed with the dean's wife/on suspect of selling drugs on campus or something similar. Could be from anywhere really, got a scholarship that paid for some ware, middle class family of academics that have mostly shunned him.  No degree, no chance of getting any letters of recommendation causes him to turn to a friend/acquaintance that was his drug connection/grew up in the seedier part of his neighborhood/has been running for a few months.
Little/no combat experience, not optimized for negotiations, physically average would be his shortcomings to start the game.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #16 on: <05-11-14/1954:27> »
Just to be clear, you don't want us making characters who are expert-level in a skill?

That isn't a problem. Going to make a troll anyway ;) Resources will definitely be on the low side.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #17 on: <05-11-14/2010:55> »
again, lets start by bouncing character ideas off eachother before we actually start statting things.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Sehkmet

« Reply #18 on: <05-11-14/2021:43> »
Silly question.   If we're going to be locals or from neighboring areas... what location is the campaign going to be in?

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-11-14/2022:50> »
Concept-wise, I'm thinking of a troll that likes guns. No cyber beyond cybereyes, no bioware, no hacking ability, no magic. He's definitely not the team negotiator either; most of the time, he refers to himself in the third person and acts much dumber than he actually is. Guns he has are not necessarily the best, either, but they've been modified.

And, knowing a neighborhood would help! Unless it's up to us to decide that. In which case, I know my idea for where that troll is from!
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-11-14/2040:35> »
I've cheated a bit and statted my face out (helps me think about the character to have something put down :P).
I'm thinking a human male recently thrown out of art school on strong suspicions of trafficking drugs on school campus. He knows a fair bit about the local club and vice scene and has a knack for languages.  He received a scholarship upon acceptance that he used to get some ware to help with his studies, future ware purchases were paid for with the profits of his drug business.  He is no expert in combat but could draw a beautiful sketch of the fight once things have cooled down.  He's unlikely too fleece any Mr. Johnson worth his salt but might be able to get a few extra nuyen once in a while. Not an exceptional athlete but quite nimble and equally capable with either hand.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <05-11-14/2041:35> »
Damn, have I missed another party? Should have checked my phone sooner!
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-11-14/2044:00> »
Not missed it, I think ^^

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <05-11-14/2045:56> »
I've been wanting to do something with The Archemist...
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-11-14/2120:13> »
no one has missed anything yet.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <05-11-14/2142:21> »
I posted a version of The Archemist before, but I will have to tweak him down some. The basic idea is a guy who has grown to hate the way those he grew up with and cares about are constantly stepped on by the world and decided to take up arms in a Robin Hood/Hawkeye kind of way. Not actually them, I'm sure there are new versions of the same old story. But he uses archery and alchemy. Alchemy/disenchanting would be his only magical skills, no spell casting or counterspelling or summoning or anything.

I think it could be cool to have him be apprenticed at a local talismonger making black market, off the books preparations for people. Would have to juggle his responsibilities at the shop with his desire to be out "making a difference."
« Last Edit: <05-11-14/2148:10> by Tenlaar »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-11-14/2206:57> »
We're looking at the Jacksonville, Florida area, folks.
specifically, this area here...
https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3110675,-81.6942577,14z?hl=en
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <05-11-14/2258:50> »
Provide us with a little info about the area? I'm not familiar with Florida beyond what I see in movies and on TV, so I'm pretty certain that I don't know much about what it's really like.

Nimbasa

• Chummer
  • To pray is to accept defeat
« Reply #28 on: <05-11-14/2305:42> »
Almost done with my decker, do I have a spot?
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <05-11-14/2345:59> »
Almost done with my decker, do I have a spot?
quite possibly.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english