NEWS

Johnson looking for a new crew. (PbP)

• 131 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-07-14/0846:57> »
You chummers look hungry. Hungry enough to take a new job? I've got a Johnson that needs an extraction, and needs it bad. Money's good enough for me to eye a crew I've only heard a few rumors on. But, the way I see it, if there are to many rumors either the crew is sloppy, or the noise is being put out there by someone that wants them noticed. Either way, they're not what I need. So I'm willing to take a chance on a new crew, at least new to me. If you're interested you can meet me at the Soycaf bar on 3rd. I'll be wear'n the obnoxious trilby. I don't want a word from you on the job. If you're in you'll lift my SIN and use it to buy yourselves a soycaf. Then follow me out. You're good enough to do that, then maybe you can get this job done.

Hello :)  I've only run a few games of SR, and I've never played SR. I DM 4 different games of D&D 4e, but, reading the SR material got me very excited to play this game. But, tbh, I work to much and DM to many games to do anything more than a PbP. So, if you're willing to run with a greenhorn Johnson than I'm your girl. Game would be 5e. Standard character creation rules. Yes, you will absolutely need a face because I run extremely heavy RP games. If your character can only grunt and shoot you're going to end up with not much to do for 90% of the game. However, you can add/throw bloody near any curve ball at me and I'm not just good I was born to run with it. If you want in I need a backstory by April 22nd and a character sheet by April 25th. I'll take 6 players and 2 alternates. Don't bother covering your bases because I can craft around anything. I'd rather have players playing what they enjoy and are really excited to play than just covering a role. That said, I will need a face and a decker, and all 6 of you need imaginations,and the time for 2-4 posts/week. I encourage character-character posts and I can handle the party splitting up to handle different jobs at the same time. I've got an Obsidian Portal account and plan on handling that via 2 forums so that players can concentrate on their groups tasks.
« Last Edit: <04-07-14/0905:02> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ShadoWarrior

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-07-14/0920:15> »
I'd like to get in this. And I'll take the face.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-07-14/0931:35> »
Well, I'd have to look into what to make here, but ja. is good
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-07-14/1039:59> »
I'd like to be the Decker/hacker. I haven't decided on technomancer or mundane yet. I may even go crazy hacker/mage. Whatever it is, I promise to have a compelling background story.  8)   Do you feel like spilling the beans on whether the environment will be typical urban sprawl or something different?

TheDarkMessiah

• Chummer
  • 'Sup?
« Reply #4 on: <04-07-14/1059:17> »
I am posting here to express my interest. I will either play an Adept or a Mage. Leaning towards Adept. Sword Adept. Guns are for sissies.
“Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who sticks his nose out-of-doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.”

Speech | Thought | Matrix | Astral

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-07-14/1101:11> »
I'd like to jump in with a mage if there is still room.

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <04-07-14/1136:49> »
I would like in on this please
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-07-14/1141:52> »
any room left ?
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-07-14/1147:42> »
Ok, hats tossed into the ring so far are:

1.) ShadoWarrior - Face
2.) Triskavanski - ?
3.) Joe15552 - Decker or Technomancer
4.) The DarkMessiah Adept or Mage
5.) Jim - Mage
6.) Ericen - human rigger  Anatar "Shade" Shadowstar (character and backstory already submitted. Obviously this chummer needs a paydate bad.)

Alternates
1.) Celtibero - ?
2.) Bewilderbeast
3.) DaGob

The group isn't final until I've ok'd your backstories, and if I don't have that by the deadline I drop you, no appeals. Same goes for the character sheet. There are several good ones online and you can send it as a pdf or put it in dropbox, and send me a link.  (If you don't have dropbox let me know and I'll send you a link, we'll both get a tad more space that way.) If at all possible I'd like a realtime meet with the party via Skype, Teamspeak, or RPGTO. That's so that we can flesh out how you know each other and you can discuss with me what you want from the game. Once I've ok'd backstories and have a final roster I'll post a few times that I'm avail. and get a consensus from that. If you can make it great, but as this is a PbP game attendance at that meet is not required. We'll use Obsidian Portal to track session progression, NPC's and miscellaneous info & rolz.org for die rolls unless someone has a better suggestion. Faster you chummers gear up, the faster I can fix this meet. My Johnson ain't payin' for my squat time. See you in Denver 2075.
« Last Edit: <04-09-14/1652:55> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-07-14/1210:28> »
I missed the initial sign-up, but I'd be happy to take another alternate spot. I have close to a dozen characters made up, so in the event somebody drops, I can have a guy ready to go to fulfill his role.

A realtime Skype meet would be difficult for me due to my wonky schedule (I work EST 3 PM to midnight on weekdays), but since I'm just an alt that shouldn't be a big deal.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-07-14/1217:12> »
Roster updated to include you Bewilderbeast.

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-07-14/1227:17> »
i would probably be playing a street sam, guy down on his luck, illegal substance use, dishonourable discharge and all that jazz kind of guy. do you want me to submit the background and shee (just in case) or do you only want it if any of the other guys default?
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

daGob

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-07-14/1301:26> »
If there's still room I'm totally totally up for playing. Not picky about character type but there are some I'm more familiar with and some I'm less familiar with.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-07-14/1308:18> »
As an alt Celtibero I really do need a character sheet and backstory. But you can wait until closer to my drop-dead date if you'd like. Reason being if the others default I want to be able to move you in and already have an idea of how to do so. Same goes for the other alternates. daGob, I'll add you as an alternate, but that's a lot of work on you for a very unlikely shot at the game.

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <04-07-14/1314:31> »
Hoi Chummer (Chummette?)!  I'm a 40 year old veteran Shadowrunner/GM.  I started playing SR1 way back in '89/'90.  I stopped playing when 4th came out, but just nabbed a copy of SR5 a couple weeks ago.  Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere in the southern Appalachian mountains so I don't have local gamers to play with.  I'd be very interested in playing a game with you if there is still room available.  I typically play mercs (small unit combat style characters - think SEALS/SRT/Delta - as I have a military background and know how small units should move to avoid getting the team killed).  I like smart characters with some social skills, i.e. not just a power-gamer super champ.  I also play shamans/combat mages as well, but they tend to end up looking like mercs with magic lol.  If your character pool ends up lacking a military professional (assault rifles/grenade launchers/machine guns w/ merc contacts:  international arms dealers, hot spot Johnsons, and international spy agency operatives), then please consider me as a team member.  I have not made any characters for 5th ed so I'm able to custom-create characters for your game.

Thanks in advance,

Josh Cummings

P.S.  I also bring gunsmith/weapon n' armor modification to the table as well.
« Last Edit: <04-07-14/1319:27> by MortimerBane »