NEWS

[SR5] Zeppelin as dwelling?

• 20 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-03-16/0301:27> »
From what Herr Brackhaus mentioned about advertising, another idea for the players.  Use the zepp to do some real advertising, gaining some extra money to pay for the upkeep of the thing.  Of course, the main disadvantage of this is that it leaves another datatrail, but it might be something to consider.  It might help to hide in plain sight (as they have already done with their fake advertising) and make some extra money.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-09-16/1455:55> »
I went with a submersible large watercraft instead. Looks like a house boat, with an incendiary charge on the rear deck. At one point the bad guys came after me, they shot us up, I set off the charge and "sank" from the damage the dealt, really just submerging and disappearing off the grid for a bit. While radar and such are quite common, there is very little submarine surveillance, and I managed to keep us on the down low while we plotted our revenge against the fellow who tried to kill us.

AwesomenessDog

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <05-10-16/2200:54> »
I went with a submersible large watercraft instead. Looks like a house boat, with an incendiary charge on the rear deck. At one point the bad guys came after me, they shot us up, I set off the charge and "sank" from the damage the dealt, really just submerging and disappearing off the grid for a bit. While radar and such are quite common, there is very little submarine surveillance, and I managed to keep us on the down low while we plotted our revenge against the fellow who tried to kill us.
The Hunt for Run October.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <03-14-17/1532:49> »
A bit of threadomancy but, what came of this and how's it going?

Danos

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <03-31-17/2002:17> »
My group is seriously considering a zeppelin for team clubhouse. I may get to shoot missiles at them! I think they are likely to settle on another hideout in the barrens, but they really liked the idea of a mobile clubhouse that just needs a place to drop a mooring line and a rope ladder. I guess we will see.

Tym Jalynsfein

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <05-22-17/1748:26> »
*shrugs*
I don't have a "mess with my players" kinda attitude. At least not to the point where they should be worried about uparmoring their zeppelin. I thought it was a novel idea by a player, so I decided to go with it.

If an adversary wanted a character dead, there are probably easier and less expensive ways of doing so than shooting down a zeppelin. Unless said someone wanted to send a very public message, but...

My Cyberlogician in SR4A used a Zeppelin as a Home in Hong Kong. I twas totally awesome. :)
I still have the file around here somewhere, I think.
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll