NEWS

Modular Cyberlimbs Question

• 4 Replies

Mordoyh

• Newb
« on: <10-21-10/1525:10> »
In Augmentation it indicates that the Essence multiplier is 1, and availability is +1, and cost is x1.1.  If I'm reading this correctly, it doesn't cost any extra essence, just higher availability and cost.  Am I reading it right?

Also, do you have to specify where the UCCP's are installed on each limb, or do they automatically come with them for each major joint?

Thanks

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-21-10/1544:34> »
Seems right to me.  As far as where the UCCPs are I think they are at the base of the limb, so a cyberhand would have it at the wrist while a cyber arm would have it at the elbow.  I suppose if you wanted to have more flexibility (and with GM approval) you could have both major joints have UCCPs so you can swap out hand/arm plugins.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <10-21-10/1558:06> »
Hmm... Originally I had thought that the Multiplier listed was added to the Essence Multiplier of the grade of the Cyberware, but it looks like that you're correct. Not sure why I assumed that, probably thought it seemed kinda cheap to have modular limbs...

Mordoyh

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-21-10/1656:10> »
Hmm... Originally I had thought that the Multiplier listed was added to the Essence Multiplier of the grade of the Cyberware, but it looks like that you're correct. Not sure why I assumed that, probably thought it seemed kinda cheap to have modular limbs...

I thought it was increasing the essence originally as well, but then I thought about it, 1 x the essence is just the essence.  If that made sense.  The higher grades use a multiplier that decreases the essence cost, and second hand cyber uses a multiplier that increases the essence.  Although I could understand a case for modular cyberlimgs costing more in that they are more "de-humanizing" because it's just not natural to remove your hand and replace it with a hydraulic Jack.  Even though mechanically you're no more invasive thank a regular limb.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-21-10/1703:07> »
There is definitely an increased "creep out factor" for being able to regularly replace your hand with various gizmos but as far as Essence goes I think it's still the same missing hand.  Perhaps give a noteriety point to players using modular cyberware to show their increased public visibility for being a wierdo.