NEWS

Vehicular combat

• 4 Replies

cyclonus743

• Newb
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
« on: <10-25-10/1121:21> »
Was just wondering if a rigger that is jumped into a vehicle still have to spend a complex action to pilot a vehicle every round before he can fire mounted weapons.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <10-25-10/1133:08> »
It's the same as if you were driving a car. You can give it instructions to "Move X", but then you're leaving all the movement tests up to the Pilot software of the vehicle/drone.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <10-25-10/1141:37> »
If you are moving, the vehicle needs to get some control command in some fashion every round.

It doesn't have to be the first IP in the round, but at some point in the round a driving test needs to be made.

So, yes, this does mean that much of the time a rigger "wastes" an IP just commanding the vehicle.

If the vehicle is stationary most GMs will allow you to not have to do this. :)

That said, I wish the rigging rules treated VR Jumped-in vehicle movement like regular character movement, so you'd just get your move alongside your other actions and it doesn't take up an action. But alas.

-k
« Last Edit: <10-25-10/1144:42> by KarmaInferno »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <10-25-10/1144:35> »
Or, if you're driving through Death Valley with nothing 'til either horizon except a flat, straight road. But then you wouldn't be in combat, would ya?

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #4 on: <10-25-10/1210:51> »
we did a car chase a session or two ago (so we could get the mechanics down) that followed the story Serious Buisness, I was impressed how much damage a Mariah can do to a biker gang! :o
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.