« Reply #45 on: <12-28-14/1755:34> »
nice  ;D
keep up the good work ;)

btw is it possible to add houserules?
or is it not as simple as adding a file :-[

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <12-28-14/1921:47> »
The packs from run faster is mostly finished. I skipped the ammo packs and most of the lifestyle packs except for the bug-out pack so
you'll have to add your own lifestyle and ammo for now. One of the decker packs is empty as there was a typo in the pack which listed
the contents of a previous pack and not the software it was supposed to have. I am including a list of items that I added so others can use
them as well. I added items with (2+) to keep things tidy. I will remove them if requested.

Custom Items:
Kimono
Backpack
Binoculars, Digital
Disposable Inhaler
Disposable Syringe
Duct Tape
Dufflebag
Orange Vest
Sound Link
Syringe
Tanto (Uses combat knife stats)
Knives (2)-(4)
Survival Knives (2)
Wakizashi (Uses sword stats
Machete (Uses sword stats)
Bokken (Uses club stats)
Combat Knives (2)
Throwing Knives (2)-(4)
Parashield Dart Pistols (2)
Aztechnology Striker (5)
Spare Clips (2)-(10)
Speed Loaders (2)-(10)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwhNUS1jw2qjZ3lMT0J6VlUtZUU/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: <12-28-14/1924:12> by Rebeldawg »

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <12-28-14/1923:24> »
nice  ;D
keep up the good work ;)

I could be wrong but I believe it's not currently possible to add houserules to chummer.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <12-28-14/2241:02> »
nice  ;D
keep up the good work ;)

Unfortunately, adding houserules requires recoding the base program.
Signature file not found

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #49 on: <12-29-14/0009:11> »
The base program came with a slew of common house rules, like doubling the number of initial Contact points.  Unfortunately those all had to be yanked, and haven't been reproduced.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <12-29-14/0015:45> »
There are two versions of College Education.

The one in SASS which is the one in the data file costs 2 points and provides a +1 Academic Knowledge Skill Limit increase.

The one in Run Faster costs 4 points and provides a purchase discount on Academic Skills during and after character creation.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <12-29-14/0028:22> »
There are two versions of College Education.

The one in SASS which is the one in the data file costs 2 points and provides a +1 Academic Knowledge Skill Limit increase.

The one in Run Faster costs 4 points and provides a purchase discount on Academic Skills during and after character creation.

The Run Faster version supersedes the Sail Away Sweet Sister version.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <12-29-14/1233:34> »
Because who would spend 2 karma to increase Mental Limit for just Academic Knowledge Skills.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <12-29-14/1414:03> »
Has anyone attempted to add the metavariants into chummer? Or is that even possible?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <12-29-14/1524:06> »
Has anyone attempted to add the metavariants into chummer? Or is that even possible?

You have to modify the priorities.xml file and create a custom_metatypes.xml.  I tried creating a custom_priorities.xml but chummer choked on it.  You will also need to a custom_qualities.xml to hold any qualities the metavariant may have.  Generally just a descriptive quality will work if the quality does not offer a uniform bonus.  The only real trick is the karma surcharge a lot of the metavariants have.  What I did was create a positive quality that can only be seen by a character of that particular metavariant but it is up to the user to add that "quality" and it will count against the positive karma total.  I don't have a better solution at this time though.  I did manage to download the code this weekend but honestly I don't know when I'll have time to really poke through it. 

Being able to do meta sapients, infected and shifters may be more if a trick though since they all have quirks that aren't going to fit the chummer mold at this time.  It might be possible to modify priorities so that meta sapients powers could be added via the adept tab.  It would also most like be an imperfect solution at best.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <12-30-14/0552:47> »
I'm actually working on the meta variants and meta genetic qualities, but with holidays (and return to work) it is slow going.  Will have something hopefully in about a week.

As for the conflicting College Education quality.  I made the RunFaster version end in .rf and didn't touch the SASS.  We need to see what CGL will do to clarify.

And a suggestion.  If you modify the priorities file make a back up of the original first so you can fall back easily if the mod doesn't work.  I'll work on that after the metagenetics are done.
« Last Edit: <12-30-14/0558:24> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <12-30-14/0810:40> »
As for the conflicting College Education quality.  I made the RunFaster version end in .rf and didn't touch the SASS.  We need to see what CGL will do to clarify.

What is there to clarify?  Run Faster came out after SASS and so the most recent printing takes precedent.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <12-30-14/1155:22> »

What is there to clarify?  Run Faster came out after SASS and so the most recent printing takes precedent.

Yes, this is standard practice and has been happening for other qualities and equipment that falls into the same predicament.  The only exception to this was the Commanding Voice from Street Grimoire vs. from Stolen Souls.  In that case, the earlier printed version (Stolen Souls) stayed the same, and the later printed version (Street Grimoire) was changed to Authoritative Tone.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <12-30-14/2001:27> »

Yes, this is standard practice and has been happening for other qualities and equipment that falls into the same predicament.  The only exception to this was the Commanding Voice from Street Grimoire vs. from Stolen Souls.  In that case, the earlier printed version (Stolen Souls) stayed the same, and the later printed version (Street Grimoire) was changed to Authoritative Tone.

Which being a recent event is what I am half expecting CGL to do again.  If both my Run Faster file and the original quality file have qualities of the same name I found that the original file takes precedence and either only shows the SASS version or no version.  If a user wishes to remove the SASS versions from the original file that is their choice (just remember to make a backup).
Signature file not found

GDS

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: <01-01-15/1453:43> »
While not as elegant as the direct support would be, but (by duplicating entries with a different id) priorities.xml can be tweaked to enable  the SumTo10  generation method.
(The 10 is not actually enforced of course, but it is easy to use.)

as custom add-onhttps://celedyr.agr.unideb.hu/public.php?service=files&t=f6089ae92fca80efa2070beb20b6374b or fully replacehttps://celedyr.agr.unideb.hu/public.php?service=files&t=2a54f8b4180a09781e377d25172d1088 priorites.xml

Simply choose the "X extra" for the category if you need to use a priority again).