NEWS

Avengers movie AWESOME!!!!!!

• 16 Replies

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« on: <05-05-12/1511:33> »
It also has 2 stingers (clips during and after credits).
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

NinthSphere

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <05-05-12/1843:18> »
I've been hearing good things about it. I'll have to squeeze it in sometime next week, I think.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-06-12/0142:55> »
Thanks for the feedback...looks like another hit to the wallet is coming (what with 3 kids, wife and such ::)).

AJC

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <05-10-12/1151:40> »
It truly is a fantastic superhero film.  There was -- if I have ANY complaint -- maybe just a pinch too much outright humor (some of the dialogue was very Whedon-ish, and less Avengers-ish, at times)...but as complaints go, "it was too awesome" is kind of a weird one.

All in all it was just great.  Every character got a chance to shine, every character was handled respectfully, every character did stuff, every character got in some good lines and some solid acting.  Black Widow knocked it outta the park (instead of just being some T&A, like was expected), this was my favorite Hulk/Banner yet, and all the returning badasses -- Cap, Iron Man, Thor -- were spot-on.  Even my boy Hawkeye got to look badass and fill an appropriate role.

Good stuff all around.  Just really, really, good stuff.

Fallen_Raven

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-10-12/1334:04> »
The movie was awesome. Even my hipster brother who hates all things superhero loved it.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-10-12/1404:43> »
The movie was awesome. Even my hipster brother who hates all things superhero loved it.
But did he love it ironically?

Thought the movie was..well,awesome - deft action sequences, everyone had a moment, and great Whedon dialogue.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Fallen_Raven

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-11-12/0046:23> »
He bought the collected issues of the Runaways the next day (Free Comic Day!!!), so I'm gonna guess he actually enjoyed it.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-11-12/0246:06> »
It also has 2 stingers (clips during and after credits).

If You mean "shawarma" that is only in the US After-credit, not in European ones !
And Yes I liked the Movie .Thumbs up

Hokahey
Medicineman

http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <05-16-12/1930:32> »
I think Loki vs Hulk was my favorite part.

About all I'm going to say.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #9 on: <05-19-12/0356:07> »

That and Hulk vs. Thor... guess the Asgardians should stay away from the big green guy.

LOVED the movie.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <05-19-12/0942:46> »

That and Hulk vs. Thor... guess the Asgardians should stay away from the big green guy.

LOVED the movie.
Captain America has things to say about people pretending to be Gods.  Hulk just does things about it.  ;D

Sorry Loki, only Tony Stark can be Tony Stark.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <05-19-12/1326:14> »
Sorry Loki, only Tony Stark can be Tony Stark.

That's what I loved about the post Civil war Thor comics - seeing Iron Man beat one side of New Orleans and down the other was particularly satisfying

"Now you will learn the difference between a God Of Thunder and a man in a metal suit"
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #12 on: <05-19-12/1350:15> »
I haven't bought comics (Other than One-Shots) in years...   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-19-12/1436:01> »

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #14 on: <05-24-12/0133:15> »

LOVED the movie.
That is a old Marvel trope, i suspect.
Want to see my flash new jacket?