NEWS

Fun build, and difficulty in Dragonfall ?

• 1 Replies

JasonRoy

• Newb
« on: <03-23-21/0530:53> »
Hey chummers, I finished Returns and Hong Kong (with the kinda-dlc) and now looking to play Dragonfall.
I saw that there's a Very Hard difficulty in this game, where HK only had a Hard difficulty.
How does this affect the game ? Ennemies will be harder to dodge and to hit ? Or is it a step up in IA ?
I managed to finish HK in Hard Difficulty, only with Shadowrun as turn-based rpg experience, and, after a few fights, I must say that the game was kinda easy with the base team (except one particular fight involving a particular client)

The other question is about builds. It's been two games with shaman play, and HK was going smoothly with double shammy, but I feel like I could use something else. Any recommandations ? Should it be a fun build or a complementary one for the team, I'll take all ideas as long as it's spoilless

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-23-21/1348:26> »
It's been a few years but my primary memory of Very Hard was that enemy hit points and armor were boosted. To me, it just felt like each fight took more time and it was too much of a grind. I didn't find that to be as much fun so I switched back to lower difficulty levels so the game wouldn't take as long.

I've also heard that the hit chance was changed but I don't remember feeling like there was a significant difference there. Evidently the player receives To Hit bonuses on difficulties below Very Hard. On Very Hard, nobody (AI or player) gets any bonuses.

I've read that there aren't any changes in terms of AI or karma earned, but I felt like the AI used more grenades and AoE attacks on the harder difficulty levels.

I personally found builds with pets (e.g. spirits and drones) to be easier than builds without pets. I found melee to be more challenging since constantly moving forward can eat into your action economy. I probably enjoyed spellcasting the most because I liked trying to group enemies together for AoE attacks. Spellcasting is a bit lackluster in Returns but it's much more developed in Dragonfall and Hong Kong.