Off-topic > General Gaming

Baldur Gate 3 early access: Don't waste your time.

<< < (2/5) > >>

CanRay:

--- Quote from: adzling on ---Sounds like they brought Catalyst on to develop this game...
--- End quote ---
Thanks.  I can feel the love.  No, really.  I can.  Right in my chest.

No, wait, that's heartburn, never mind.

adzling:

--- Quote from: Reaver on ---This is NOT Baldur's Gate 3.   Its Divinity 3....Which is NOT a DnD game  nor a DnD system.

--- End quote ---

That's sad, I loved BG 1 & 2.
True classics.

Singularity:
Are the first traps you are talking about in the room with the imps, on the Illithid ship at the start of the game? If so, there's a few things to watch out for:

* The purple jars you see scattered about are extremely combustive; melee attacks, and certain spells like fire bolt (but not sacred flame, oddly enough) will set them off. I started using those top help clear out the imps, by letting them get close to some and then detonating them.
* Many, MANY things on that ship are explosive or otherwise damaging; the game gives you a bare hint of this with the "tadpole" vat right at the very start. Off the top of my head, I remember accidentally hitting one of the sacs hanging from the ceiling that was directly above an imp, rather than the imp itself, due to the camera angle. Because of that, I spread a highly caustic liquid all over my character and the area she was moving through.
Trying to get a wizard through that starting area's final fight area was a lesson in extreme masochism; I ended up having to just dash the entire way through, ignoring the imps, to get to the transponder before the two additional Cambions showed up.  :-\

Reaver:
I was aware if the jars everyehere.
No, the trap (it it is a trap... as even a fucking thief character WITH perception can't find it). Is in the 2nd room, up top next to a chest that doesn't show up with the ALT key.
You have to get to it by jumping.

The first time i jumped to it, walked 1 step  BOOM! 45 damage. Game over.

Avoided it entirely the second time.
Third time I got the chest  no issues.
4th time  BOOM!! 61 damage....... (12hp character).

No warning. No perception test. Just fire, damage, game over.

So... is there a trap? You tell me as the fucking game won't ;(

Another gripe......

A fighter at lvl1 and the SAME fighter at lvl 3, with the SAME weapon has the EXACT SAME bab (+5)....... WTF????

A CLERIC at lvl1 has a Bab of +5. The SAME cleric using the SAME weapon as at lvl 1, but at lvl3 has a Bab of..... +7!!!!!!

The more I play, the more I drink, the more I spot the piss poor work of this "Timeless DnD reimagining".....

Bull fucking shit!!!
They just wanted a name they knew would pull in suckers like me. They had ZERO intention of making a "DnD forgotten Realms" game.....

They made Divinty 3. They just called it Baldur's Gate.... to get cash IMO. (And it worked. They got my cash which they wouldn't of otherwise)

adzling:

--- Quote from: Reaver on ---They made Divinty 3. They just called it Baldur's Gate.... to get cash IMO.

--- End quote ---

Now you know how I feel about srun 6e.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version