NEWS

Autosoft Program Options

• 2 Replies

Duderlybob

• Newb
« on: <08-03-13/2155:43> »
Hey guys, just looking for some clarification. Looking at Autosofts under Unwired, they're allowed to have many different program options, but no specific price is listed for these. Couldn't find anything that seemed to clarify this in my copy of the book, and didn't find anything looking through the errata that matched. So basically my question is just does an Autosoft count as a "general" program or a "hacking" program in this case? Autosofts definitely have nothing to do with hacking, so that suggests it's "general." But typically the costs of Autosofts have mirrored that of hacking programs, so that seems to suggest the opposite.

Any insight would be awesome. :)

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-03-13/2230:32> »
You seem to be misunderstanding the "General" and "Hacking" labels - they apply to the program options, not the program. Basically, there are four program types that can be equipped with Program Options (Common Use, Hacking, Autosoft, Simsense), and three Program Option types (General, Hacking, Simsense). Simsense Program Options can only be applied to simsense programs, Hacking Program Options can only be applied to hacking programs, and only General Program Options can be applied to a variety of different program types. I suggest re-reading the Program Options section on page 114.
So to answer your question: some of the General program options can be applied to Autosoft programs, and no other program options can.

Duderlybob

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-03-13/2234:14> »
Ah, that makes everything make sense! I think my brain was swapping out Common-Use and General, seeing it as a "Common-Use" option price, not just general options. Thanks for the response, everything is now clear.