Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

Playing a vigilante. What is your take?

<< < (2/3) > >>

PiXeL01:
That would be militia, no?

Whenever I hear vigilante in terms of Shadowrun I always think of the fiction including the Dragonslayer followers.
Vigilante in SR would be hooders, those fighting for the local community and keeping it safe.

Tarislar:

--- Quote from: Nightmaster on --- his gear (canon gear only)
--- End quote ---

All he needs is a black shirt with a dripping skull face on it. 

kyoto kid:

--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on ---That would be militia, no?

Whenever I hear vigilante in terms of Shadowrun I always think of the fiction including the Dragonslayer followers.
Vigilante in SR would be hooders, those fighting for the local community and keeping it safe.

--- End quote ---
...many also consider themselves "vigilantes".

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
noun
noun: vigilante; plural noun: vigilantes
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

The Shadowrun setting is fertile ground for vigilantes.  Lone Star/contracted law enforcement is inadequate in certain areas (the Barrens) and for protecting the rights of certain denizens (the SINless)? Wow, news flash!

Fedifensor:
My current character in Missions is...The Shroud!

"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the megacorp?  The Shroud knows!"

"The weed of corporate crime bears bitter fruit."

(This is what happens when you used to have a major BTL addiction...)

----------

A vigilante character's biggest issue in Shadowrun is that the default assumption is that you're doing this for the money.  There will be some logic hoops you'll have to jump through when a mission asks you to, for example, work for the Yakuza and shake down a store owner.  The "stopping a greater evil involves some sacrifice" is the usual goto for getting past such things.  It also helps if you do things like secretly funnel money to the store owner afterwards so he gets back on his feet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version